Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Gotta love a rain suit. YES they paid for it:laughing: I doubt I do that again.
This was about 3 yrs ago.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
That looks like my hammer. :laughing: Thought I left it somewhere.

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
...And I bet the homeowner complained about the bill too.

Had a homeowner ask me why I charge what I do to replace a toilet, I asked him "How much do you charge to have your face in a toilet?"

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Tell me you did not crawl into that mess, should have had it cleaned up prior to the work getting started.

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell me you did not crawl into that mess, should have had it cleaned up prior to the work getting started.
Yes, I did. I was completely protected for the most part. Where I took the pic is the only place I was at.
I should have had it cleaned up, but I was there 35 miles away and only had to be in that one spot, so I toughed it out.
I look back at it and will not do it again.
BTW there were tomato plants and corn growing in there:laughing::laughing::laughing: I know that gross. If I don't make fun of what I do, I would hate it:thumbsup:

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
looks like a good payday, before and after the cleanup.

I have all my hep shots, and every other shot I could get, and I still would not do that crawl.

I had one the other day, the original plumber used the wrong cement, the pipe broke apart and drained under the house for months, maggots and fly's and a horrible smell, I crawled across the river, just to view the break, then supplied the customer with a remediation company number and came back when the job was done:yes: :thumbup:

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
I have had good luck treating such messes with a few doses of Bio-Clean and then coming back. You gotta cut the source of course.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I've used hip waders and gauntleted gloves. It can sure be a challenge. Another thing that's fun is crawling under a trailer in a foot and a half of water to find the shutoff valve when it's ten degrees outside.

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've used hip waders and gauntleted gloves. It can sure be a challenge. Another thing that's fun is crawling under a trailer in a foot and a half of water to find the shutoff valve when it's ten degrees outside.
:laughing::laughing::laughing:I read that and laughed, you gotta love that. Been there.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would not have gone in there! Luckily, the company I work for allows us to reject any job like this. I always turn those down... Only way I would get in that is if it was a property I owned and it was getting worse quickly...

If I did do it, I would have had the customer get it cleaned up first. Maybe come back with a couple helpers :) On the job training!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I cant believe this I thought before you were considered a plumber you had to do these kinda crawls. 2 of mine come to memory. Hip waders waist deep in basement, sewer line coroded and broke. People didnt have money to fix it right away but had to 6 months later cause the state was gonna take thier kids away that was a fun one. And someone leaving a test weenie in the main line after the homeowners moved in i was the lucky one to go under the house pull it out and have 2 weeks of crap and piss come out of the pipe all around me then I had to connect the pipe to the sewer stub in. Gotta love bieng a plumber!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts