Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What water heater do you have now in service at your house?

Marathon

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
AO Smith 50 gal gas, not that I wanted that one, it's that it came with the house when we bought this place.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Brad White ,,, here when I got here ,,, going well !!

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
50 gal electric rheem given to me by the electric company when i built the house 8 years ago. I plumbed it with copper by the way. I didn't ***** to the plumber about the cost and the plumber appreciated that.:laughing:

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
50 gal electric rheem given to me by the electric company when i built the house 8 years ago. I plumbed it with copper by the way. I didn't ***** to the plumber about the cost and the plumber appreciated that.:laughing:

I'm getting that "wet" warm fuzzy feeling again.:whistling2:

Oh, 80 gal. Ao smith electric but will soon be replaced with a high efficiency 50 B/W

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
I'm getting that "wet" warm fuzzy feeling again.:whistling2:
Copper will last 100 years here.....unless lightening gets it! And it does happen!!! Resale is higher with copper in this area because we have great water that loves copper pipe. Otherwise i would have used pex in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
111 Posts
50 gal nat gas ao smith given to me when we built our home by the friendly folks st LCR supply house.can fill up the jacuzzi tub and take shower at the same time. next shower ready to use in 10 minutes or less.that is cooking w/gas!

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
My house has a Rheem that was made in 1974, when it finally bites the dust I will replace it with a Takagi Mobius 1.

·
Illinois Licensed Plumber
4,253 Posts
My mom's house always had and currently has Bradford Whites. When this one goes out we are putting in a Noritz 0751 M- DVC, it will server her house perfectly.

Where I am living we have a Lochinvar Copper-Pak 360K BTU 100 Gallon unit serving my apartment building.

·
Lego Expert
4,570 Posts
1 year old 50 Gal Ele Rheem that cost $0. Thanks to my local supply house. I turn it off 6 months/year. Home made solar water heating that cost me nada. I get 140degree water from the sun.

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
I'm going to check on a solar system and then a smaller home-made wood fired brick furnace with heat exchanger for when its cold or periods of no sun for a backup. No elements firing at all. totally off grid besides the pumps and controls. and I might do a solar/battery system for the pumps. i have also considered wiring in low voltage lights throughout my home and have the option for either standard power lights or 12v low voltage. labor would be free for all of it.

·
Super Moderator
1,844 Posts
Your Water Heater ?

15 YEAR OLD 40 GAL. RHEEM ELECTRIC IN MY APARTMENT,

LAST WEEK HAD THE MAINTENANCE CHANGE OUT THE NIPPLES AND WATER FLEX ON TOP,
BOY IT DID TAKE BOTH OF US AND MY 24" PIPE WRENCH TO REMOVE THOSE OLD NIPPLES, WITH NIPPLE EXTRACTOR HAMMERED INTO THE TOP OF NIPPLES TO KEEP FROM CRUSHING :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts