Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey :)

What is YOUR top five service calls this time of year?

For example here in NY we get a lot of "my pipes are frozen"

Can you guys tell me what some of your busy or repeat calls are this time of year?

·
Registered
218 Posts
1,frozen pipes,then I would say blockages,because everybody decides to cook ,at the same time for the holidays ,and they pour their grease down the drain.heating calls,last minute finishing installs ,followed by your blocked toillets after the parties.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1,frozen pipes,then I would say blockages,because everybody decides to cook ,at the same time for the holidays ,and they pour their grease down the drain.heating calls,last minute finishing installs ,followed by your blocked toillets after the parties.
Thanks for responding :)

Oh yea, the famous guest that clogs the bowl. There is always one every year:whistling2:

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Mine was when we were called to a stopped toilet. We went in and these people said it just stopped up today. Lifted the lid, there was doo to the top!!

Telling ya, they must had hovered above the bowl when dumping!

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine was when we were called to a stopped toilet. We went in and these people said it just stopped up today. Lifted the lid, there was doo to the top!!

Telling ya, they must had hovered above the bowl when dumping!
Picture:yes:

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Wish I had a cam then, would had been nice!!

Oh yes, another one

I was called for another clogged toilet in Lawrencevill, VA. I get out there and open the toidy, there is a single log in there about the size of a mans arm:eek:

No wonder the thing wont flush!!

Looked to me as though a bull elephant used the toilet that day!

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Top call we get are leaky faucets. Tub/Shower valves, then next would be toilet leaks,

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Clogged kitchen sinks, disposers, main lines, toilet rebuilds, water heater replacements....

Then we had that monster rain the other night...:eek:
Driveway drains, foundation drains, floor drains, curtain drains, And sump pumps... A whole lotta jetter work!

Now its cooling off... should be time to go do some zapping!

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Most calls this time of year for us are essintial. Especially with the economic decline in the housing market. Thankfully, people have to sh!t, shower, and shampoo. Lotta stoppages and busted water lines. FSU is located here. God bless the tampons. BOY these college girls keep us busy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've always had people complaining about lack of hot water this time of year. The incoming water is a lot colder than in the summer and it can harder to keep up with demand. Sometimes it's one element burned up which was not noticeable in the warmer months. Last week I ran across a high rise with 2 hot water storage tanks. They were only getting water from one of the tanks as a 3" valve was broke in the closed position on the other tank. From talking to the customer, nobody had turned any of those valves since the summer. Replaced the valve and all is working well.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've always had people complaining about lack of hot water this time of year. The incoming water is a lot colder than in the summer and it can harder to keep up with demand. Sometimes it's one element burned up which was not noticeable in the warmer months. Last week I ran across a high rise with 2 hot water storage tanks. They were only getting water from one of the tanks as a 3" valve was broke in the closed position on the other tank. From talking to the customer, nobody had turned any of those valves since the summer. Replaced the valve and all is working well.
Which reminds me I need to adjust my own heater :whistling2:

·
Banned
913 Posts
Busted water heaters. Customer: "I have water pouring out of my water heater, I hope you can fix it." Yeah, right! What size is your heater so we can have one on the truck just in case it needs to be replaced.

Other complaint - water doesn't get as hot as it did. One customer could not understand why he cannot get 30 gallons of hot water out of a water heater when the incoming water is cold.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts