Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some attached pics of cpvc pipe corzan and flow guard done with orange glue no primer from 1/2in to 4in. someone tell me not to be scared. some has started leaking at the laboratory hot mainly at bushings (140 degrees Fahrenheit). will post pics as I figure out how to re-size them. O'yeah WAZ UP Pro-tech!?!!?!?!?!

Attachments

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Clean as they are, there is not one drop of primer on hundreds of large joints in the building. That is 2 step glue (orange). Just becuase it looks pretty doesn't make it good work.

Well, I will say that those are some clean glue joints there. Unlikely of a rookie or UNhandyman.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
WAAAAAAAASSSUUUUUUUPPPPP!??!?!?:tongue_smilie:

here are some attached pics of cpvc pipe corzan and flow guard done with orange glue no primer from 1/2in to 4in. someone tell me not to be scared. some has started leaking at the laboratory hot mainly at bushings (140 degrees Fahrenheit). will post pics as I figure out how to re-size them. O'yeah WAZ UP Pro-tech!?!!?!?!?![/quote]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no means of expansion although hangers are non-clamping. No loops. etc. I'll post some more pics tonight of corrosive pipes ran in regular pvc and copper, orange glued flowguard no primer, compression fittings used on med gas piping (nitrogen, comp air, vacuum, co2) and more.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
The following are from perfcthair4ever. I shrank them and uploaded them at his request:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Those RO lines look like Harvel LXT. We use a one step cement on LXT. When it's done right you can barely tell it's been glued.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yep them's pretty. just found no backflow prevention on water softener caused brine solution to backfeed into boiler somehow and cause serious issues. Installers explanation "the system's under pressure water cant flow backwards....." he should of added "unless the booster pumps power fails and o'yea the water softener is on the 4th floor above and after boiler tie in.... glad potable water system has its own backflow prevention devices or else my break water would of been a little salty.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Im with UA maybe they used clear primer. The orange glue is CPVC glue, although I am not sure if it suppose to be used with Corzan pipe. That is the same pipe I had problems with underground, but it was used for heating water on a hydronic system.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Maybe it these gettin' older eyes ,,, Now I'm not say ing that I don't clear prime ,, I DO !!

If that is YELLOW glue and not Orange ,,, then the specs call it a "one step " and it is the only glue ( acording to manf. specs ) that doesn't require cleaner/primer

DON'T JUMP IN MY A *** ,,,,, Just reporting ,

Cal

1 - 20 of 23 Posts