Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

WOW! Don't Franchise ;o)

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Wiser 
#1 ·
Most know I was a former Franchise but I was running some #'s and I am so blessed to say that I am SO happy to be without them.
From the begining of the year to date.
Comparing 6 months and 19 days as a franchise and 1 month and 20 days back to LPI. We are shy 4900 under what we made as a Franchise (w/ only 50 days). Amazing to think that we are 4900 away in 50 days as LPI than what we were as a Franchise for 171 days.
They have their, tried and true marketing campaigns, business consultants:laughing:, and corporate support:thumbdown:.
Things we were told we couldn't do, we are doing and POOF, Proofs on paper- black and white.
They are for money and money only, they don't care if you fail or not, unless you are a multi-truck operation. If not multi-truck, they don't care, they got your franchise fee.
But one good thing came out of it, got an education, thats forsure.

In Christ,

Song Dog

#3 ·
Yes to all.
Buy territory, get support:laughing:, and pay fees. Thats what it was. Never ever do it again.

In Christ,

Song Dog

Give me a buzz and I can get into detail

#5 ·
In our area, people like the fact that we are a 'local' plumbing company. Also, our customers feel connect to "us" not a corporation. It has been my experience that customers like dealing with an owner, makes them feel important.

Why we didn't franchise? FREEDOM :eek:)

#6 ·
People occasionally ask me if we are a franchise. They are generally stunned to find out we are not. I'm still not sure how I feel about the question or the reaction because the fact that they suspect we are a franchise suggests that we look bigger than we are which has an impact (a positive one I believe) on market/name recognition. The fact that they are so suprised that we are not sometimes suggests a slight sense of relief. I think it boils down to 3 groups of people: those who take comfort in a large (even nationally known) company, those who do not trust franchises and prefer local "mom and pop" shops, and those who do not care one way or another. The trick is, when trying to figure out how you want to present your image to the public, is figuring out which group is the largest in your market. Imaging gold would be to figure out how to straddle the fence so that you can still attract both groups (those who don't care won't care no matter what you do).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.