Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your helper came to work with no money, would you lend him a half or your meal or money for the coffee truck?

I did once and the dude burned me when he quit :furious::furious:

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
I agree with bill, if you are a big boy and cant remember that there is a thing called lunch, then i dont need your help, dont want your help, AND NO, you cannot bum a cig. That is if I stop for lunch, and FYI helper, be glad i let you ride in the passenger seat of the truck and not in the back.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with bill, if you are a big boy and cant remember that there is a thing called lunch, then i dont need your help, dont want your help, AND NO, you cannot bum a cig. That is if I stop for lunch, and FYI helper, be glad i let you ride in the passenger seat of the truck and not in the back.

Oh yea, dont get me started with the cig thing :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'd lend/feed him.
I would get more miles out of a guy who's not hungry.He may also have a tendancy to be more loyal out of appreciation.
I would ween him after he had time to get on his feet financialy.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd lend/feed him.
I would get more miles out of a guy who's not hungry.He may also have a tendancy to be more loyal out of appreciation.
That's cool. Like I said I tried that once and got burned so I am jaded

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
I'd lend/feed him.
Your a better man than me then. I dont have the patience for it. guess it has happened to me more than others. Its just hard when you know all the moneys they make go to other things. "Sure, I'll loan you five bucks to eat since you spent all your money on booze and MJ last weekend." Thats been the experience at least with me.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your a better man than me then. I dont have the patience for it. guess it has happened to me more than others. Its just hard when you know all the moneys they make go to other things. "Sure, I'll loan you five bucks to eat since you spent all your money on booze and MJ last weekend." Thats been the experience at least with me.
I have even had helpers come in with brand new clothes on smoking a $5 pack of cigs asking for lunch money......come on

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
For the few weeks that I had a helper, I was buying him lunch all the time. I also hated it when we were driving down the road, I'd turn the radio up and he would turn it back down to talk to me without even asking!:furious: I really didn't want to listen to him blathering about his personal problems, I just wanted to listen to some music while I drive, which is why I would turn the music up in the first place!:furious:
Also he would ARGUE with me about which directions to take to a house, or how to do a job.:blink::no: He had serious problems with authority...man I am glad I work alone now.
That is what I get for hiring a friend used to work with at a former shop. Next time I am hiring a complete stranger and making sure he knows who the boss is immediately.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh yea, Its true.

You guys have all been around for a while, I am sure you have seen these green types

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Yea, then they look like they wanna cry when you accidentally splash purple primer all over there tommy hilfigure shirt. Opps, did i tell you to stand right under the fitting while i was glueing it? My bad.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Yea, then they look like they wanna cry when you accidentally splash purple primer all over there tommy hilfigure shirt. Opps, did i tell you to stand right under the fitting while i was glueing it? My bad.
:laughing::laughing:
Been there, seen that!

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
had a helper once, kind of an overwieght type guy, told him to nail on stud gaurds, so i watch this big dude slide around on the floor on his fat butt nailin them as slow as possible, told him he could probalby do it faster if he got up off of his ass, but he said he liked doing it that way, well, as long as hes happy.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
lend money to a friend. get it back from an enemy. i'm not a bank.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts