Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have a dirty job.. sometimes bad enough to get you sick.. But what is the nastiest job that you can remember... A few years ago I was working in a housing project in the middle of July, No AC in the apt. We had to clear a roof drain stoppage. tried from the roof for a while until the eel wire broke off and went down.. Make a long story short. We find out where it ended up about 2 floors down.

Now in a roach roach roach from tiny to waterbug size apt.. stack of course in a bathroom behind toilet. not to mention there dryer in the kitchen isnt vented outside. remove the bowl break the wall open.. we snap the 5" C.I. stack with ratchet cutter.. the water from the pipe is now spraying all over this bathroom.. thick and black like paint from the newly tarred roof..

Well after what seemed like 25 min of water repainting this bathroom.. i jumped in the tub and covered myself with the mold infested curtain finally subsides were able to snap the bottom and bust up the pipe.. just to find 3 pieces of 3/4 black pipe that the last plumbers tried to clear the stoppage with. and of course 18' of eel wire..

needless to say i wanted to quit and just go home but after cutting out the floor above and floor below we replaced it all.. Just one of my worst days as a plumber..

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
You never lost faith though that you would get it done. thats what keeps me going on days like that. faith, its one of those things you dont recognize too often, but when you do, it make it feel that much better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts