Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I use a 2002 Chevrolet Express Van which has 205,000 miles on it. Never once changed the plugs, plug wires, points or whatever, but tonight she let me down. Battery and alternator went out on the way home. Spent 2 hours in a parking lot trying to replace it. Never again will I get a van, too hard to work on!

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
have any of you looked into a Dodge Sprinter, I was thinking about getting one for a nice service truck. They seem pretty tall. Diesel engine though. Look sleek though. i'd like a black one with gold and garnet lettering, and some black on chrome 20" rims.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
The sprinters are very expensive and too tall and difficult to maneuver. Not for me. I have an extended GMC 3500 van. If I get anything else, it will be a box truck or hackney body.
Box truck all the way man, I worked off one for years, OMG <3333

They are great if you set them up all nice,

My old boss has it set up for roughs, it was awesome

One side was all pvc

top shelf - 1.5 / 2 " fittings
middle shelf = 3" fittings
bottom shelf= 4" fittings

Other side
topshelf = all power tools / benders etc
middle shelf = traps, roof flanges, stud guards , black fittings
bottom shelf = copper fittings

This truck could roll up ANYWHERE and plumb baby , we we left you could turn that key and take a shower.

Dam, I kinda miss the field :)

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
I look forward to the day that Toyota comes out with a full size work van.
My present one is a Jimmy Savana and I just hope that the next time it decides to screw up it gives enough warnng that I can drive it over a damn cliff and collect the insurance on it!:whistling2:
I consider it to be the biggest POS I have ever owned in my life! :furious:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Parts will still be made. I wouldn't let that scare you.

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Isuzu NPR HD diesel w/Hackney box and shelving. Get the ramp, back up alarm, and rear door ajar alarm.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i'm interested in a npr van someday. i currently drive a chevy 3500 cut-away with a spartan box at my day job. when i finaly take the plunge (i'm thinking in the next month) i'll be in my '70 econoline panel until i can scrounge up enough for a new van. the sprinters seem like a gamble with their service record. i like my box van but the npr seems like it might be a little smaller and handle better in tight areas.

paul

·
Registered
141 Posts
i was looking at the sprinters , and freightliners .. but after i specd it out $48,600 maybe in a couple years

1 - 20 of 37 Posts