Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
the ford van I bought about a year ago thew a rod
yesterday....I only put about 23,000 miles on it. this year. :cry::cry:

it had to blow right in the middle of all this work so I had to switch everything out to my ford 2000 deizel maxi van... a van is very hard to work out of after having a box van with a tommy gate

got it towed to a mechanic and I think its gonna be a new motor....It was a great truck while it lasted...

maybe I over-worked it....??

Only use mobile one oil from know on::yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I have whitenessed one guy out of thousands that openly saw this way, but most people don’t IMO
And I have to disagree with the “overcharge” statement… folks are stoaked when they see our setup and if you read my intro on here they actually are telling me I’m one of the most affordable licensed plumbers that’s quoting them. 🤷‍♂️
Very good, A lot of it depends on your area in the country, don't worry about it and be glad they're like that

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I don’t so much get the customers saying stuff about my new truck. It’s always the contractors. Everyone of them scoffs when you get something new. Our rates went up January 1st as did all plumbers in my area, now I get the comment oh if you didn’t buy all that equipment or the new truck your rates could have stayed the same.
Can you elaborate on how much you went up vs what you were charging???

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I went up 10$/hr. Going rate in the area was $105.00 for a service call and $85/hr after the first hour. Went up to 115/95.
Excavation rates went up too, fuel, insurance, maintenance parts, oil/grease all have increased 30-45% since last January.
Can I ask how do you charge for your excavator??So much per hour I'm assuming with a minimum also

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
View attachment 131514
View attachment 131513
I know technically not plumbing trucks but these are what complete the fleet and opened up so many other doors than normal plumbing wouldn’t have.
Very nice tank hole I like to dig just a hair deeper then put a skim of stone down rake it level then set tank,that is if any stone is onsite lolololo

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Shutting down the mainline site work company after 20 years. Just can’t make any money anymore with the employees available. Sick of it! Going back to repair remodel type of stuff and work by myself and maybe one helper.
Anyway here’s a pic of my new truck wrap. Gotta get the website done and get busy soon after I wrap up some loose ends.
Wanted a ford transit but had to settle for what I could find out there. 2011 Ford E350 View attachment 132517
View attachment 132516
Should have got truck with utility bed on it,best service vehicles ever made,just ask sko

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
It’s worse now. The wife and I just picked her up a new Ford Edge. Used ones worked out to being about 110$ a month more to buy than new. We lucked out and I was doing work for the dealership I work for and was talking with the owner, he said he had one coming in the person that ordered it passed away so it wasn’t spoken for. By the end of the day it was.
Ford edges are good plumbing business vehicle,you go look and bid jobs driving them,go to conventions in Florida driving them,just all kinds of business to be done with the Ford Edge 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

1 - 10 of 10 Posts