Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 588 Posts

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Looks sharp. From a long way, a person can tell its a Plumbing Truck and get the number. WTG!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Banned
239 Posts
a cage with plexi over the holes would also be nice so your only heating and cooling the cab makes it much nicer.....

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Question

Doesn't your state require you to post your PC # on the sides of the vechicle? Our state requires it to help people to weed out the real plumbers form the wanna be's. If our plumbing board would step up and do their jobs, If caught doing plumbing some where and your truck is parked out front with no # $1000.00 Fine!

Reactions: CajunMaint

·
Registered
378 Posts
Doesn't your state require you to post your PC # on the sides of the vechicle? Our state requires it to help people to weed out the real plumbers form the wanna be's. If our plumbing board would step up and do their jobs, If caught doing plumbing some where and your truck is parked out front with no # $1000.00 Fine!

Good point.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
No it is not required here. I don't know why.

Illinois requires it, a lot of contractors refuse to put lettering on their trucks because of it. I have heard of many instances where hacks will take the name and license # off of a parked van and use the info to pull permits, so if your state requires it always leave one or two numbers off the number on your truck, if called on it blame the people who did the lettering, but it will protect you from fraud.

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
Here are some pictures of mine but I do consulting now so I don't need to carry parts. As such it is all cameras, computers and testing equipment.

Mark

Attachments

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Illinois requires it, a lot of contractors refuse to put lettering on their trucks because of it. I have heard of many instances where hacks will take the name and license # off of a parked van and use the info to pull permits, so if your state requires it always leave one or two numbers off the number on your truck, if called on it blame the people who did the lettering, but it will protect you from fraud.

When I pull permits, the city I am working in requests my contractors pocket card, when I worked for a company, they wanted a signed letter from an owner and proof or workers comp, and they would verify the letter and coppy of the contractors card.

I believe every van or work truck should to be lettered and numbered, I don't care if it is landscaping or what, this way everyone can be identified for who they really are. Everyone has to play by the rules.

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
I thought I posted a pic of my truck, guess I didn't.

In Christ,

Song Dog

1 - 20 of 588 Posts