Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never thought it would get so slow here, I hope it won't last long, I hate it when it's slow.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Probably like the weather, just wait and it will change to busy.

We've replaced a slew of water heaters in the past two weeks. Things are breaking our way after a few slow weeks.

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
Lucky for yall you do service. I do new residentual work. None here. I am almost in the poor house.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I am going to file a motion for XXX billion $$$ bailout, then we can all go on vacation.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
The guys at the supply house told me yesterday that they expect a 1/3 of plumbing contractors to go out of business in 2009.

Half if not already, if you're an employee of a plumbing company, all have cut down their work force to next to nothing.

A huge plumbing company in my area two of them are down to 4 men per company. I'd say if you're not family to that idea, you have to be either talented, well liked or an expert in your profession to still be there.

Employee 401K's are dwindled to nothing.

I gotta poop and go to work. :blink:

·
Banned
10 Posts
Odd....sometimes the people with the highest post count are the ones complaining about being slow. Maybe if you paid attention to business instead of the internet, things would be better?

Any experienced owner will tell you that bad habits can ruin a business and this internet is the newest. Step away from the computer and focus on making money.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Odd....sometimes the people with the highest post count are the ones complaining about being slow. Maybe if you paid attention to business instead of the internet, things would be better?

Any experienced owner will tell you that bad habits can ruin a business and this internet is the newest. Step away from the computer and focus on making money.
Do you see what time line I'm on here, very seldom I will be on here from 7:30AM till 4:30PM PT. If I'm home and there is no jobs that come into my work, I'll be here.

I have a high post count cause I have been on here since this place opened.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Do you see what time line I'm on here, very seldom I will be on here from 7:30AM till 4:30PM PT. If I'm home and there is no jobs that come into my work, I'll be here.

I have a high post count cause I have been on here since this place opened.
Same here. Also I think some others are too. But like today, I am home all day due to rain. Otherwise I work 7 days when I can

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'm slow, but no more than usual. The new house plumbers here are laying off, though. They thought they had ten years of building ahead of them, but when you can't get a loan it doesn't matter how many people want houses.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yesterday was busy for me, today is slow.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Our company used to have 5 plumbers on board, we now have 3, and that slows us up cause of the economy.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

This is weird Ron The Plumber. Delete the thread.
Hay Cap I remember you know.

I ask you once for a intro and you felt that was weird, we don't even know where your from and what code you follow, are you even a plumber?

Give us an intro.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm a Drain cleaner in Phila. Area and its been slow this week so far.When it rains bussiness picks up.Anybody experience this?

·
Banned
913 Posts
Cap did make a good point. Sometimes we focus on the wrong things. Times are slow, we reorganize the shop. Instead we should be pounding the pavement letting others know we exist.

However, what Cap doesn't realize is that spending time at PZ can be theraputic. We do cheer each other on to keep going and hang in there which is invaluable. :thumbup:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cap did make a good point. Sometimes we focus on the wrong things. Times are slow, we reorganize the shop. Instead we should be pounding the pavement letting others know we exist.

However, what Cap doesn't realize is that spending time at PZ can be theraputic. We do cheer each other on to keep going and hang in there which is invaluable. :thumbup:
Cap was in here to start troubles, he was banned.

End of story.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts