Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
1,235 Posts
I get similar ones from Uline.
I’m not sure of the cost, but there cheap and last a few weeks. They’re Better then disposable and can be washed.

·
Registered
224 Posts
These gloves are the best I’ve worn. I used to buy the Harbor Freight ones for $2.99 a pair, these are $5.99 at Home Depot and last 2-3 times longer. Bonus is the thumb doesn’t stick out an extra 1/2” like the Harbor Freight ones do. What general purpose gloves are you guys wearing?
ATG MaxiFlex Men's Large Nitrile Ultimate Gloves in Gray-34-874T/LVPD72 - The Home Depot

View attachment 129047

Maxiflex is the best out there. I like their green ones that are cut rated. It's saved my hands from plumbers strap and aluminum many times.

·
Super Moderator
8,857 Posts
I wear grease monkey disposable nitrile gloves when out on auger calls. Other than that I don't wear any.
Right there with ya! Rubbers for drain cleaning along with leathers or ugly gloves. The only time I wear rubbers for plumbing is if it’s a nasty job, other than that, no gloves. My hands always have some sort of cut or burn. Been that way all my life.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I wear tsunami grip 500g xl. They are as far as I can tell the exact same as the maxiflex ones but cheaper. I wear them for a while and throw them out when they get too crusty from glue. Seriously if you like MaxiFlex then try these out as they are about 1/2 price but just as good in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Master Plumber
292 Posts
These gloves are the best I’ve worn. I used to buy the Harbor Freight ones for $2.99 a pair, these are $5.99 at Home Depot and last 2-3 times longer. Bonus is the thumb doesn’t stick out an extra 1/2” like the Harbor Freight ones do. What general purpose gloves are you guys wearing?
ATG MaxiFlex Men's Large Nitrile Ultimate Gloves in Gray-34-874T/LVPD72 - The Home Depot

View attachment 129047
Those MaxiFlex gloves are the absolute best gloves I’ve ever worn for work. Many others look similar but are definitely not the same fit and quality. Have you ever run them through the washing machine? They come out almost like new again. I usually wash them 3 or 4 times until they get holes in them and then I toss em.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Right there with ya! Rubbers for drain cleaning along with leathers or ugly gloves. The only time I wear rubbers for plumbing is if it’s a nasty job, other than that, no gloves. My hands always have some sort of cut or burn. Been that way all my life.
Yup, mine almost always have some sort of cut too. I doesn't bother me. The wife gets kind of pissed off when a cut splits open at night and I leak all over the bedding.

·
Super Moderator
8,857 Posts
Yup, mine almost always have some sort of cut too. I doesn't bother me. The wife gets kind of pissed off when a cut splits open at night and I leak all over the bedding.
Lol! I hear you there! That’s why we can’t have nice sheets. Or at a restaurant when you unconsciously scratch a cut that itches and it starts bleeding again. That’s always awkward....

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Lol! I hear you there! That’s why we can’t have nice sheets. Or at a restaurant when you unconsciously scratch a cut that itches and it starts bleeding again. That’s always awkward....
Pretty sure only one of you is talking about blood lolz 🍆🍑

1 - 11 of 11 Posts