Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here, I searched and looked for similar topic, but could not find one unless it was in someother thread. If I overlooked it, flame suit is on.

My father always raived about how great this stuff was.

Over the last 2 years I figured I would give there products a whirl.

The cons

1.) The S-traps and any tubular bend. all tend to crack split. I have replaced 6 instances in the last year, all from other contractor installs

2.) The 8500 series pull out spout kitchen faucet, the threaded mounting tube pulled out after 3 days.

3.) The 8500 series pull out spout kitchen faucet, (two instances) the spout body locks up and faucet will not swing. So the whole faucet moves when someone bears down on it to move the faucet to the 2nd bowl. This faucet has an uncanny resemblence to a Price Phister faucet I took out the other week that had this some problem. The supply lines coming out were identical

4.) The warranty lowdown. IF the customer/or contractor does not fill out the warranty card. the warranty is only one year.........one year from when you ordered it! so If it sat on the truck for one year and no card is filled out....no warranty.

The Pros

1.) the brass toilet bolts and tank bolts are nice
2.) the WB brand ball valves are nice and heavy

I promise no more negative comments on WB. I just got home from work today feeling disappointed in there tubular products. After replacing some WB tubular products today.

-Joel
Guardian Plumbing

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
The past WB thread we had here was one of the boards greatest hits...

I'm sure this one will also not dissapoint.

Reactions: Protech

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Newbie here, I searched and looked for similar topic, but could not find one unless it was in someother thread. If I overlooked it, flame suit is on.
I find that hard to believe...
Or, maybe they are all locked away in the lounge...:whistling2:

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,480 Posts
4.) The warranty lowdown. IF the customer/or contractor does not fill out the warranty card. the warranty is only one year.........one year from when you ordered it! so If it sat on the truck for one year and no card is filled out....no warranty.

Aaaaaaaand I'm back. lol

Delta? Lifetime...you can go 20 years back or more most times with ease.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,480 Posts
Pretty much #4 is a BS protection of sorts, and consider it a board meeting where the business model is "We understand that if we implement this design we will not only grow our profits at the cost of the consumer, but we'll exclude ourselves from any implied liability both from the initial product AND the tentative agreement with the original installer.

Wolverine Brass?

I'm not leaving. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

·
Super Moderator
12,550 Posts
I think the 100 year warranty on faucet cartridge is pretty stupid. But the finish and faucet warranty is only 1 yr. That's ridiculous. Who is going to believe a 100 yr. warranty on a faucet part?!

·
Plumbing Contractor
975 Posts
Get your facts straight read below!

AS in my WB book it states word from word:

All Wolverine Brass faucets are manufactured under our highest standards of quality and workmanship. Every faucet is 100% tested prior to boxing. Wolverine warrants the original purchaser that our faucets will be drip free FOR 100 YEARS and all finish excluding *oil rubbed bronze to be free from defects in material and workmanship FOR 100 Years. Wolverine will replace FREE OF CHARGE during the warranty period any cartiage or finish that proves defective under normal use and service. Defective cartridge or finish must be returned directly to Wolverine Brass for free replacement.

(One Year Warranty On Oil Rubbed Bronze Finishes)

This warranty covers replacement of cartridges and finish only and does not include labor charges and / or damage incurred in installation. Finish warranty is not covered if finish is exsposed to extreme use of cleaners containing abrasives, alcohol, extreme cleaning, or chemical use, or damage due to abuse or neglect. ** Please see cleaning instructions provided with each faucet. This warranty excludes all industrial, commercial, and business usage of faucets and only pertains to residential use. Faucets used for other than residential use are covered by 1 year limited warranty from date of purchase.

have a good day you just got educated...

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I use the 17 Ga. tubular.

Never a problem.

And, I have never had an issue with a warranty. Course, I never had many warranty's . Besides, every thing out there has a warranty card that "must be filled out and sent in":whistling2:

Next

·
Lego Expert
4,570 Posts
I dont know anyone that would buy a Wolverine Brass faucet if they compared it with a Moen or Delta. They hafta be pushed hard by the person selling them.

Moen and Delta have better Warranty's, Designs, and LIFEtime Finishes.

I thinks its funny that Wolverine Brass even has the Oil Rubbed Bronze finish. There faucets are so ugly, ORB isn't going to help them.

Ive Plumbed some very nice homes, and been inside some very lush places. Wolverine Brass Faucets were never installed at any of them. NEVER

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
First I would like to say that to the OP for bringing up this divisive subject, thanks. It seems a simple search brought up many threads that have Wolverine Brass mentioned in them. But, I digress.

Put in whatever you want, and quit bashing on people that choose different. If you don't like a product fine, then don't put it in.

Seems kinda suspect that a new member would jump right in, and post such a descriptive thread about there dislike of a product. :whistling2:

·
Super Moderator
12,550 Posts
Get your facts straight read below!

AS in my WB book it states word from word:

All Wolverine Brass faucets are manufactured under our highest standards of quality and workmanship. Every faucet is 100% tested prior to boxing. Wolverine warrants the original purchaser that our faucets will be drip free FOR 100 YEARS and all finish excluding *oil rubbed bronze to be free from defects in material and workmanship FOR 100 Years. Wolverine will replace FREE OF CHARGE during the warranty period any cartiage or finish that proves defective under normal use and service. Defective cartridge or finish must be returned directly to Wolverine Brass for free replacement.

(One Year Warranty On Oil Rubbed Bronze Finishes)

This warranty covers replacement of cartridges and finish only and does not include labor charges and / or damage incurred in installation. Finish warranty is not covered if finish is exsposed to extreme use of cleaners containing abrasives, alcohol, extreme cleaning, or chemical use, or damage due to abuse or neglect. ** Please see cleaning instructions provided with each faucet. This warranty excludes all industrial, commercial, and business usage of faucets and only pertains to residential use. Faucets used for other than residential use are covered by 1 year limited warranty from date of purchase.

have a good day you just got educated...

Thanks for the "education." That is one reason why I'm here, to learn something from those who have experienced things or done things that I have not. I looked in the front of my WB catalog and found section with warranty information. I stand corrected.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First I would like to say that to the OP for bringing up this divisive subject, thanks. It seems a simple search brought up many threads that have Wolverine Brass mentioned in them. But, I digress.

Put in whatever you want, and quit bashing on people that choose different. If you don't like a product fine, then don't put it in.

Seems kinda suspect that a new member would jump right in, and post such a descriptive thread about there dislike of a product. :whistling2:
If you are talking to me. Typing wolverine brass into the search brings up one thread with a title of Wolverine brass. I glanced through a few threads, could not find what i was after. So i thought i would start a thread that could be referenced easily too. I wanted to see if anyone else on this continent had any issues. It is the internet, I am looking for other peoples opinion on the matter. I did add Pro's about there products. -Joel

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
If you are talking to me. Typing wolverine brass into the search brings up one thread with a title of Wolverine brass. I glanced through a few threads, could not find what i was after. So i thought i would start a thread that could be referenced easily too. I wanted to see if anyone else on this continent had any issues. It is the internet, I am looking for other peoples opinion on the matter. I did add Pro's about there products. -Joel

I did not mention it out of malice. Check this out http://www.plumbingzone.com/search.php?searchid=321294

there is a great thread about Wolverine Brass Tub/shower valves, started by some jerk. There was a very heated debate about Wolverine Brass, but yes, you are correct, there was not much mention of the traps. Maybe we can revisit it, and go at it again for those who are in opposition to the company.

·
LICENSE PLUMBER
1,437 Posts
:detective::detective::detective::detective:
I did not mention it out of malice. Check this out http://www.plumbingzone.com/search.php?searchid=321294

there is a great thread about Wolverine Brass Tub/shower valves, started by some jerk. There was a very heated debate about Wolverine Brass, but yes, you are correct, there was not much mention of the traps. Maybe we can revisit it, and go at it again for those who are in opposition to the company.

·
LICENSE PLUMBER
1,437 Posts
Well,i have been using WB for about 7 years and only had one ks faucet go bad on me "vacuum breaker went south on me"..... the quality is still top notch IMO.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I've been thinking of going with WB more and more lately with the crap that Delta, PP, Moen, AS, etc are starting to put out. I've had good luck with WB, but I haven't used them enough to see if they hold up or not. Of the few I have used, they been holding up so far.

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
I use some wolverine products and over the years I can honestly say that their chromed brass is very good quality......havig said that about 10-15 years ago we had a bad batch...some would leak at the trap weir where the made the bend...the chrome plating sealed it somtimes and it would show up later. It happens.

Now I hate the faucets they make and the only reaso they make it is to fill the void in their product line.....so their customers have a product that no one can price shop easily.....its not that they are great quality. hell i can buy a total plastic faucet at home depot and on the box it will say "lifetime warranty". They know 99% of the people who buy it will never ask for the warranty to be honored.

See ya's:laughing:

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Is warranty that appealing anymore.....considering todays economy, public mindset...let me float this:
When money is loose I want to be taken care of in grand fashion with a big warranty and all the fluff.
When money is tight I just want it fixed, dont screw with me, I dont want to pay too much.
100 year warranty is ludicrous right now....people aren't sure if the country will make it much longer..or whether or not they will pay exessive taxes on utilities......

Buy WB if you want, especially if it doesnt cost more or make me have to listen to a story. I suspect this is more prevalent.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.