Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 2667 Posts

·
Registered
Plumber/Gasfitter
912 Posts
Tango you know that your not allowed to just plug a tire... its gotta be plugged and patched from inside.. could be anything really even leaky valve stems.. on my personal mine been leaking for awhile gotta get to shop... thanks for reminding me I'm gonna do that after work tomorrow

·
Super Moderator
7,970 Posts
Tango you know that your not allowed to just plug a tire... its gotta be plugged and patched from inside.. could be anything really even leaky valve stems.. on my personal mine been leaking for awhile gotta get to shop... thanks for reminding me I'm gonna do that after work tomorrow
I've put in so many plugs I trust it 100% I've had trail tires full of plugs aired down and aired up on weekend rockcrawls and drove back home, went to the states and went to paragon in a sea of rocks and drove another 5 years until I sold the truck.

My van has plugs too, my daily driver has plugs, my girlfriend's tire has plugs...

·
Registered
Plumber/Gasfitter
912 Posts
I've put in so many plugs I trust it 100% I've had trail tires full of plugs aired down and aired up on weekend rockcrawls and drove back home, went to the states and went to paragon in a sea of rocks and drove another 5 years until I sold the truck.

My van has plugs too, my daily driver has plugs, my girlfriend's tire has plugs...
I get it im just busting your chops.. if it's my vehicle I'd just plug it to, but if its shop then its suppose to be a 3 way patch it's called.. they grind affected area then plug it and then cement a patch on it

I'm just screwing around with ya since your "mr.official" lmfao... don't take it personally I like things done the right way too but somethings like a tire plug is no big deal...

they just say that a tire plug can blow out on hwy and cause rapid deflation and possibly cause an accident..

·
Super Moderator
7,985 Posts
Started a fire job yesterday. Started cutting out all the cast, delivery shows up so I went down to help unload tub and surround couple boxes of fittings, heater.... where’s the pipe?

So we started going through everything. Missing a bunch of tees and wyes, stool flanges.

Removed all the cast, discovered the cast going out the wall was cracked on top. At this point we decided to quit for the day... which was good because I had three main lines and a kitchen line. Got home at 7:30 instead of 11:30.

This morning we get there, roof vent, 2nd floor lav, cut and drill our holes, time to get the tub and.... they delivered tomorrow’s tub for a different job yesterday.

We get the best deals from this supply house, but you have to watch them. EE7D0CAF-3528-478F-8058-2BD3DB9F9BD4.jpeg

8AFBE8ED-8188-4ABF-BD8D-3C58F270DC18.jpeg

16F93174-E1AA-4D69-AC13-D44CD7A38CD4.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
7,970 Posts
Started a fire job yesterday. Started cutting out all the cast, delivery shows up so I went down to help unload tub and surround couple boxes of fittings, heater.... where’s the pipe?

So we started going through everything. Missing a bunch of tees and wyes, stool flanges.

Removed all the cast, discovered the cast going out the wall was cracked on top. At this point we decided to quit for the day... which was good because I had three main lines and a kitchen line. Got home at 7:30 instead of 11:30.

This morning we get there, roof vent, 2nd floor lav, cut and drill our holes, time to get the tub and.... they delivered tomorrow’s tub for a different job yesterday.

We get the best deals from this supply house, but you have to watch them.
I went to the supply house yesterday for about 15 fittings It took the front desk guy 20 minutes to fill in my order. I went out back the guy asked me if I was picking up 6 heaters. Then he said are you picking up a sink? No No. I get my box of fittings and he got it wrong too...

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Our supply house is really good compared to most. I am sure part of that is they exist because of us. We do get special treatment, often we will have their guy come to our shop to deliver stuff to a job site they didn't sell us. We don't get charged return fees which is a huge plus. It means we can order everything we might need and not come up short on fittings when working an hour or more away.

There are issues at times though. I use 14tpi blades on my "deep cut" bandsaw. "Deep cut" just means it takes 44-7/8" blades, the larger of the two standard sizes for portable bandsaws. Well the supply house switched from lenox consumables to milwaukee. The blade packs are the same price but you only get 3 instead of 5. And they SUCK donkey dildong. AND they only stock 18tpi locally now. AND AND they almost always send me the smaller blades in 18tpi even though I write the size and 14tpi. I swear someone at the hub branch is either illiterate or an ahole.

Well the local branch manager went the extra mile and special ordered me a 5 pack of lenox blades. Except he was really busy at the time, spaced, and ordered me 18tpi. At least they aren't the milwaukee blades, those things can barely handle steel pipe which is made to be cut, nevermind cast iron.

Then there was a couple weeks ago. I have the jones stephens flat washer kit. I wanted the beveled washer version. The flat kit I have has a part number sticker from our supply house so they must stock it and probably the beveled version too. I ordered the beveled version by writing "Jones stephens J40150 Bevelled washer assortment". Pretty clear right? Well I get my order the next day, friday, and it isn't in there. Ok, maybe they don't stock it or it has to be shipped separate.

Friday morning sucked and I was in a terrible mood and did stop at the supply house. Lucky for them I didn't find what they had sent instead of the kit at the bottom of the box. A SINGLE 1/4S BEVELED WASHER all on its lonesome in a supply bag. I found it monday when I was in a better mood. I got so pissed. When I calmed down I laughed. I found a gator skin washer kit almost new on our shelves with both flat and beveled washers.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Here is one, probably the worst I have seen to date. And somebody was proud enough to put their companies name on this mess. Even if their sticker was just for the disposal, I wouldn't want my name in the same cabinet as this garbage.

Again, I apologize for the orientation, I haven't figured it out yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Here is one, probably the worst I have seen to date. And somebody was proud enough to put their companies name on this mess. Even if their sticker was just for the disposal, I wouldn't want my name in the same cabinet as this garbage.

Again, I apologize for the orientation, I haven't figured it out yet.
Was there not enough room for a disposal kit since you 90 down coming out of the disposal?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Was there not enough room for a disposal kit since you 90 down coming out of the disposal?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
With that deep basket, I doubt it. I prefer a disposal kit too, but those deep buggers can be a pain. When I bid I include a new basket and explain why.
Yup, if you look at the original picture, the previous guy had the same problem, so he decided to use that grey coupling and fly down into the tailpiece. And for some reason didn't use the disposal tap for the DW drain.

I got rid of the DW tailpiece, which allowed me to put the disposal inlet where I needed it after the turn down.

Looking back, changing the basket and using the disposal kit would flow better.

Chalk that one up to my inexperience.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Toilet and sink were not working right, went to pull the toilet and found this gem. Felt like drywall in my hands. Had to cable about 25ft before it cleared. He swore he never put drywall or spackle down his toilet.

:plain:

Attachments

1021 - 1040 of 2667 Posts