Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Winners*

382561 Views 3821 Replies 97 Participants Last post by  DDDave
Can we have a thread for these please? If you look close you can see the wet cardboard gasket between the rubber and sink. Nice

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 5
3681 - 3700 of 3822 Posts
I had a cracked one the other day that for the life of me I couldn't see the crack. I was there a few weeks prior for it running, replaced the innards and it was good. Went back last week for a couple others and they said this one would sometimes flush itself since I had been there last.

I changed the innards again because the diaphragm had some weird clearish/black gouk, only a little though. Town's been workin on the waterlines so not a surprise. I get it all assembled and flush it several times, seems good. Flush it once more for giggles and a couple drops come out of the top. Open it up and there's water above the cap. I inspected everything, reassembled it, cranked the top on a little tougher and again, five or so flushes and it leaked!

I replaced that A-71 top cap and everything was good. I checked it several times in between fixing the other valves. I think it was slowly relieving pressure from above the diaphragm which would then cause it to flush. Still never found that pinhole, flexed it, tried a light, nothing. The bottom edge was smooth so I don't think it was leaking out the rim. With water between the top caps it had to have had a crack.
I’ve had similar experiences and have started replacing the cap when working on them.

Got tired of the call back on that 1 in 50 that’s cracked.
Reactions: 3
Got a cracked diaphragm cover and no replacement? Just putty it!

View attachment 135159

Sad part is I think one of our techs did this in desperate attempt to get it to stop leaking. Supply house is 5 mins down the road...
You’re suppose to use wax dumbasss. What is with that guy? Send him
Packin.
Reactions: 2
Got a cracked diaphragm cover and no replacement? Just putty it!

View attachment 135159

Sad part is I think one of our techs did this in desperate attempt to get it to stop leaking. Supply house is 5 mins down the road...
He should have used hydraulic cement and he would have been a hero
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
I had a cracked one the other day that for the life of me I couldn't see the crack. I was there a few weeks prior for it running, replaced the innards and it was good. Went back last week for a couple others and they said this one would sometimes flush itself since I had been there last.

I changed the innards again because the diaphragm had some weird clearish/black gouk, only a little though. Town's been workin on the waterlines so not a surprise. I get it all assembled and flush it several times, seems good. Flush it once more for giggles and a couple drops come out of the top. Open it up and there's water above the cap. I inspected everything, reassembled it, cranked the top on a little tougher and again, five or so flushes and it leaked!

I replaced that A-71 top cap and everything was good. I checked it several times in between fixing the other valves. I think it was slowly relieving pressure from above the diaphragm which would then cause it to flush. Still never found that pinhole, flexed it, tried a light, nothing. The bottom edge was smooth so I don't think it was leaking out the rim. With water between the top caps it had to have had a crack.
The flux capacitor was broken
  • Haha
I see so many of these water heater vent pipes coming out of the outdoor metal closets
Sky Property Building Plant Window
See less See more
Reactions: 4
I see so many of these water heater vent pipes coming out of the outdoor metal closets View attachment 135254
Same here, except it’s a wooden shack
Wood Beam Tints and shades Ceiling Gas

Wood Fixture Composite material Gas Machine

Light Wood Plumbing Gas Plumbing fixture

Just came across one of your side jobs Terry. You know pex doesn’t bond to cpvc right? The real winner on this install is the pvc threaded coupling on the tub spout.
See less See more
  • Haha
View attachment 135270
View attachment 135269
View attachment 135268
Just came across one of your side jobs Terry. You know pex doesn’t bond to cpvc right? The real winner on this install is the pvc threaded coupling on the tub spout.
🤮
  • Haha
View attachment 135270
View attachment 135269
View attachment 135268
Why you try to hurt my feeling ? It lasted over a year.
Why you try to hurt my feeling ? It lasted over a year.
No, No it didnt. they just bought the house a few months ago. That screams DIY. I've seen a lot of handyman work, and that is far beyond.
No, No it didnt. they just bought the house a few months ago. That screams DIY. I've seen a lot of handyman work, and that is far beyond.
Settle down Rocky, thats gravy work. Get it while you can
Settle down Rocky, thats gravy work. I love it
not the big fish i go after but we'll take it to keep the help busy.
not the big fish i go after but we'll take it to keep the help busy.
Pennies make a dollar. I learned that when I was 3
Pennies make a dollar. I learned that when I was 3
You also learned your boogers taste good ,☝👃😋
  • Haha
You also learned your boogers taste good ,☝👃😋
I never did things like that. I had good parents and I was a quick learner. Very mechanically inclined at a very young age.
Automotive tire Fluid Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part

Remodel I looked at earlier today. No burst washing machine hoses for the win.
See less See more
I hook up temporary water heaters for people like that. Converted the heater to 120v 1500 watt element. I use brass adapters to go from 3/4 pipe to hose thread.

Easy to slide it into a washing machine connection and get hot water easy…..
Why bust out the threader when you saved all those thread protectors from the last job?
What are those thread protectors for anyway............? Idiots....
3681 - 3700 of 3822 Posts