Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
3521 - 3540 of 3578 Posts

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Hey if they didn't tell you they didn't pay the gas bill how are you to know??I always check for gas flow
Maybe 10 times over the course of the years, I’ve run in to a meter block off device. The little steel blank that the gas company used to secretly shut off the gas.

Usually I get a call about the water heater and it’s become one of the first things I will check.

Depending on how cool the client is, and if I’m gonna get paid, I’ll remove it. Or not. I’ve definitely told people: “you need to pay your gas bill.”

I guess this is all to say that I will frequently just crack a Union at the meter to see what’s happening -if the gas company has the meter blocked.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
The heaters I install don't have no place for a gauge to go,the gas company had to install a shut off valve with a tap on it to measure pressure
What about the drip leg?

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
What about the drip leg?
I see a lot, and I mean a lot of heaters installed with out one. Kinda makes me wonder if that is some of the problem people are having with water heater controls.

I also keep a reducer around with a hose barb to hook up a manometer to the gas line at the drip leg. This allows me to see what is going on gas pressure wise when the heater fires (yes, I know that’s dangerous….).

·
Super Moderator
9,621 Posts
Summer of 2023 can't come fast enough!!!!! Hurry!

This morning....leaking shower, previous owner made a pan for his DIY install, where did the little white pan go? Straight across the room into the wall where it drips and rotted stuff below. Cross fingers my fix works because the ceiling and ducts have to go to get access. Home inspector said it was all clear, another recommended inspector from their RE agent.

Same house pool pipes and glue for the kitchen drain!!!!! They didn't want to fix it yet. 2023 Please hurry the hell up!

Wood Flooring Wood stain Varnish Hardwood

Hood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Water

Wood House Water Floor Hardwood

Tap Plumbing fixture Drinkware Liquid Bottle

Fluid Liquid Cylinder Gas Plastic bottle

Light Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Vehicle Gas

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Summer of 2023 can't come fast enough!!!!! Hurry!

This morning....leaking shower, previous owner made a pan for his DIY install, where did the little white pan go? Straight across the room into the wall where it drips and rotted stuff below. Cross fingers my fix works because the ceiling and ducts have to go to get access. Home inspector said it was all clear, another recommended inspector from their RE agent.

Same house pool pipes and glue for the kitchen drain!!!!! They didn't want to fix it yet. 2023 Please hurry the hell up!

View attachment 132394

View attachment 132395

View attachment 132396

View attachment 132397

View attachment 132398

View attachment 132399
They needed to be blocked lolololo

·
Super Moderator
9,621 Posts
They needed to be blocked lolololo
No whining from these guys, they wanted me to change the shower handle, they changed their mind when I told them it's not only a handle but the valve inside the wall. They thought it was like just pulling it out from the trim! I get that a lot.

·
Super Moderator
9,621 Posts
So this gang of morons( a franchise) who aren't even plumbers charged $150 to give a quote of $6000 for a second floor leak and unspecified work but included putting a bunch of holes here and there in the walls and ceiling. So she called me, turned it out it was just a loosened handheld. Told them to buy stain paint for the ceiling.

Shoe Textile Grey Sleeve Bicycle part

·
Registered
Master Plumber
556 Posts
So this gang of morons( a franchise) who aren't even plumbers charged $150 to give a quote of $6000 for a second floor leak and unspecified work but included putting a bunch of holes here and there in the walls and ceiling. So she called me, turned it out it was just a loosened handheld. Told them to buy stain paint for the ceiling.

View attachment 132410
I hope you told them you could do it for $4000.00 they’d save a bundle 😂

·
Super Moderator
9,621 Posts
I hope you told them you could do it for $4000.00 they’d save a bundle 😂
The diverter was also seized, gave her a price to replace the faucet, she wants to reno the entire thing instead.

3521 - 3540 of 3578 Posts