Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
3261 - 3276 of 3276 Posts

·
Registered
Plumber
135 Posts
We pipe in a lot of multiple water heaters. Reverse return is always best practice. If you go into the computers on a set of heaters piped reverse return the hours and cycles are always very close. When you look at the same data on units piped “equal length” or “tree method” there is almost always one with significantly more hours and cycles.
Interesting

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
That's MATURE NATIVE AMERICAN trick! Where are your PC manners?
I saw an interview where they got like a dozen of them together from the different tribes and they actually prefer the term "American Indian" instead of "Native American".

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
Master Plumber
355 Posts
Started a new install job today. Brand new DHW system for a large apartment building. 2 Lochinvar Armors 650,000btus each and 4-200gal storage tanks. Here’s where it starts to get interesting. All this equipment was supposed to be installed in a small mechanical room on the 2nd floor. So I asked the question “Has anyone had a load calculation done to see if this floor can handle the weight of all this equipment and over 800gal of water plus all the pipe valves and fittings?” (About 11,000lbs) So now we are going to be bringing in one of our mobile boiler trailers to provide DHW so we can gut out the existing mechanical room on the ground floor and install the new equipment there. Apparently the salesman hasn’t seen the news lately of the building that fell down in FL.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I don't know who Red Wood is since I'm kind of new here. No it needs to tee off of the cold line at even lengths and feed cold water to both units and then come up off the hot side and even links back to another tee. As well as a thermal expansion tank installed for both.

10 different plumbers will tell you 10 different things and they're not all necessarily wrong it's just a matter of experience. However one way will be the best.
I'm gonna pipe it just like it is in the pic,it's faster and yes not as efficient but I want to replace that water heater again in about five yrs,homeowner not gonna know any difference anyways,keep the money flowing lololololo

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
3261 - 3276 of 3276 Posts