Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

3181 - 3193 of 3193 Posts

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Anode rod still looks good 😂
Anode rods are primarily magnesium and very fun to light small chunks of them on fire with a torch. Wear welding glasses. They burn at over 3000F and give off UV light.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
I bet with an acetylene torch you could light the end of a whole anode rod. The limiting factor for the size of a piece you can light on fire is it's thermal conductivity. It conducts most of the heat away before it lights. Largest I've done with a hand torch is roughly 3/4".

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Super Moderator
9,247 Posts
Looked at a rental today for a friend. It’s his last house, sold all the rest. He has this one rented for $1200/mo. I told him to just sell it as is, but he still wants everything brought up to code. View attachment 129492 View attachment 129493 View attachment 129494 View attachment 129495 View attachment 129496
Finally got a call back after calling numerous times after breaking my arm. He’s been down too. 70+ years old. Turns out he sold it for $63k. I think he made out well, considering the neighborhood. So I don’t have to deal with that mess. He still wants me to bill him for my time looking at it And parts I bought for the job.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts

·
Registered
Certified DIY Advisor (Terms and conditions apply)
293 Posts

All from the same house. Slapped a kitchenette right on the concrete floor of a basement and ran crappy pex to it, then stuck the drain out the back and into the floor drain. Water heater vent backgraded horribly and this is his switch for the kitchen light. His breaker panel is also ripped to shreds and wide open.

He has tenants living in there and has for months.

There's also no drywall.

WTF

·
Il Lic. Plumber
128 Posts
They tiled over existing ceramic tile with vinyl tiles but wouldn't pull the toilet and tiled around. Long time customer of mine just bought it and wanted to update toilets, now he is replacing floor

3181 - 3193 of 3193 Posts