Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

3161 - 3180 of 3190 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Tango Original

Original call was a pissing pipe going to the hose bib, snow plow guy ripped out the hose bib and decided to replace it himself, shoved an SB fitting, a piece of copper onto those plastic compression couplings... well it leaked big time. He didn't even screw in the hose bib. It was rotating 360 degrees! I suggested to the woman if she wanted she could file a complaint and he'd get a huge fine for illegal plumbing.

As a bonus the previous owner was a super DIY ...... hmm transition glue....

View attachment 129573

View attachment 129574

View attachment 129571

View attachment 129572

Somebody should be shot

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Had a late evening call yesterday for a guy who was setting his new toilet after getting new flooring. When he touched the straight compression it blew right off. I'm surprised it held that long. Some hack used Teflon tape under the brass ferrule. Yes UNDER the ferrule. Oh and he didn't thing to plug the pipe coming up from the floor with a finger so the water blew right up to the ceiling. The water in the tank is purely from the straying. All I had to do was clean up the copper and put a new compression stop on the right way and then hook up his supply line which was the hardest part as it was a stupid skirted toilet.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,022 Posts
Had a late evening call yesterday for a guy who was setting his new toilet after getting new flooring. When he touched the straight compression it blew right off. I'm surprised it held that long. Some hack used Teflon tape under the brass ferrule. Yes UNDER the ferrule. Oh and he didn't thing to plug the pipe coming up from the floor with a finger so the water blew right up to the ceiling. The water in the tank is purely from the straying. All I had to do was clean up the copper and put a new compression stop on the right way and then hook up his supply line which was the hardest part as it was a stupid skirted toilet.

Teflon is the slipperiest lubricant after all, that's why it popped!

·
Super Moderator
9,022 Posts
Tango Original

This week end's emergency call. Had to replace the cartridge, it started weeks prior and now letting the hot water through badly, she had the air condition on and a pedestal fan to alleviate the humidity. She paid the week end rate but didn't want a new trim. She finally told me they tried to fix it themselves and obviously didn't know how or what brand....

·
Registered
2,367 Posts

Best thing that could have happened

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Best thing that could have happened
Came back a few days later to that house because he had leaks in the drains when he hooked them up at 2 sinks. Looked like his flooring was fine so he got lucky. One he did not have the flat tophat washer on and had harmonica p-trap. The second one was leaking at the threads on a lav popup where the beveled gasket meets the bottom of the sink.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Came back a few days later to that house because he had leaks in the drains when he hooked them up at 2 sinks. Looked like his flooring was fine so he got lucky. One he did not have the flat tophat washer on and had harmonica p-trap. The second one was leaking at the threads on a lav popup where the beveled gasket meets the bottom of the sink.

Excellent,I hope that floor bucks straight up in the air

·
Il Lic. Plumber
125 Posts
Replaced a tub shower faucet this afternoon. Took the old cover plate off and found this . Of course it had to be an American Standard faucet that has the largest diameter plate. New Moen did not cover. Landlord said they would get the company that painted the tub to come back

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Replaced a tub shower faucet this afternoon. Took the old cover plate off and found this . Of course it had to be an American Standard faucet that has the largest diameter plate. New Moen did not cover. Landlord said they would get the company that painted the tub to come back
View attachment 129767
Hydraulic cement will take care of that

·
Super Moderator
9,022 Posts
Tango Original

Laundry tub diy pump, switch on switch off and water goes nowhere, water just whirls around in the tub... There's a 3" right above it they could of connected to...

3161 - 3180 of 3190 Posts