Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

3081 - 3100 of 3152 Posts

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
And here's the customer provided replacement. Not proud of it, and we did tell the customer many times and wrote on the invoice that it couldn't keep up with the whole house.
What marketing genius thought to put the craftsman logo on a tankless water heater of all things?

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
What marketing genius thought to put the craftsman logo on a tankless water heater of all things?
Our local Sears closed a year or two ago. A friend of mine worked there and said it was one of the more profitable stores nationwide. They had just signed a new lease, then the LL bought out the lease. The building has only been used for Covid related stuff. Testing and now vaccinations.

·
Super Moderator
8,872 Posts
Tango Original

Guy told me he had hired a reno company and as usual no plumbers were hired. Guy was upset he had a big mess but I bet it's been leaking for a very long time until the unglued joint popped out. He wasn't too happy to sign the waiver.

He then asked if I would do it to code. Nope I don't do any renos, it's a very old house that was converted into apartments and back into a residence, it looked like a fun house with a bunch of dead ends and narrow escape corridors.

·
Super Moderator
8,872 Posts
Tango Original

I got paid well today to get rid of this... Look a screw with teflon! Today was great day a repeat customer, no whining! Second job was a referral and got a tip. Finally went for a drive afterwards without the need to cool off from daily insults.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
It's the winner's thread, not "show your work thread".

Plus I'm not showing the proper way for all the diy that snoop in.
Then put it in the business section.

·
Registered
Certified DIY Advisor (Terms and conditions apply)
278 Posts

The old dirt crutch trick

The hard pipe gas line runs right in front of the access door for the furnace and filter rack, no unions

The random hose on the ground actually goes through this vent on the wall..

It runs outside. The hose is combustion air for the furnace

·
Super Moderator
8,872 Posts
Tango Original

I was discouraged. A full spacer surround? When I pulled it some bozo instead of screwing the flange to the floor and leveling the lead he put 3/8" of plaster of paris under the flange hoping it would stick... took 1 hour to chip the junk underneath.

3081 - 3100 of 3152 Posts