Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

3041 - 3060 of 3092 Posts

·
Registered
Lift Station Whisperer
189 Posts
Ah $hit the air conditioning line!

Did I ever tell you how I severed a water main by cutting out a drain...
Sounds familiar. This guy was running around asking if he was gonna die from AC poisoning. He got a face full of 410A and the rest of us listened to our profit margin disappear.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
You don't have any hose clamps on the van? I have a drawer full! Probably could have used a pex ring, fock the next guy!!

The great thing about copper is that as long as you cut your nipples the same length it won't look like azz when you do something like that manifold.

I guess they should have moved those manifolds a little further apart and gotten a 1"x3/4"x1" tee. I find for service, it's much more space saving to stock regular tees and just use bushings when needed. Of course for a new install you'd order what you'd like.

·
Super Moderator
8,725 Posts
Tango Original

Woman sold the house and the buyer's inspector found a strange spot with the Infra Red. Joint not glued!! As a bonus the guy there broke the plastic bolt while putting a new toilet and he wanted me to fix it....Until I found some hacking underneath... I explained I might be there the whole day with a 2" subfloor and concrete underneath and the toilet floating 3/8" in the air. He said to leave it alone. Thank you I don't have to touch that $hit!! Man she was annoying!!

Last but not least she said the frost bib had burst like 4 years ago and created a lot of water.... Yep didn't learn the first time and leaving a Y on the hose bib all winter. I guess I'll be replacing that too when she turns it on again!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was repairing the dishwasher connection, I used a clamp
You don't have any hose clamps on the van? I have a drawer full! Probably could have used a pex ring, fock the next guy!!

The great thing about copper is that as long as you cut your nipples the same length it won't look like azz when you do something like that manifold.

I guess they should have moved those manifolds a little further apart and gotten a 1"x3/4"x1" tee. I find for service, it's much more space saving to stock regular tees and just use bushings when needed. Of course for a new install you'd order what you'd like.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I was repairing the dishwasher connection, I used a clamp
Oh. It seemed like you were saying that was your fix on a friday night, not that you were giving the last guy the benefit of the doubt.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Here is what I found today. I didn't get the best pictures. It's a castiron pipe sticking up out of the concrete and has a 1¹/²" abs pipe tied in that runs up to a kitchen sink. On the left of the toilet is the wallhung lav and further left a shower raised up on a base. Shower looks too low to have a p-trap then the 1¹/²" pvs pipe runs from there laying on the floor and picks up the lav with a tee on its back and in opposite direction of flow. From the tee it goes up and offsets with 2 90 elbows to the lav with no trap. The pipe continues on the floor and dumps in to a sump pit.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here is what I found today. I didn't get the best pictures. It's a castiron pipe sticking up out of the concrete and has a 1¹/²" abs pipe tied in that runs up to a kitchen sink. On the left of the toilet is the wallhung lav and further left a shower raised up on a base. Shower looks too low to have a p-trap then the 1¹/²" pvs pipe runs from there laying on the floor and picks up the lav with a tee on its back and in opposite direction of flow. From the tee it goes up and offsets with 2 90 elbows to the lav with no trap. The pipe continues on the floor and dumps in to a sump pit.

Run!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
No need. It's a good guy I know. Not a close friend just a good guy. The plan is for him to demo that little room and build a little bigger room. He will cut the concrete and I'll redo the drains and water to be done correctly and to make him a real bathroom.

·
Il Lic. Plumber
107 Posts
Crane junk

Will be replacing toilet after pricing repair parts customer wants a taller toilet. Thanks Crane for another sale

Attachments

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
172 Posts
Started a a leaking shower pan today...
Picture is of a copper manifold that was 1/4" below the tile in the shower. ******* who redid the shower cut a notch in the gray liner to make room for the copper before running it over for the shower valve! Sorry didn't get pictures once all the mortar was out. Also sorry for not posting much been working my ass off here lately. Hope y'all are all doing well

Attachments

3041 - 3060 of 3092 Posts