Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

3021 - 3040 of 3092 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,725 Posts
Why a washing machine hose on the hot side ? Why not pipe straight to hot side with copper
Our word DIY! People around here will do everything in their power to reuse any scrap they have or go to HD on a trek to put 50 fitting together. So much so my supplier has put up signs they are not there for diy mouse trap contraptions.

·
Super Moderator
8,829 Posts
My kid is 12 and going through puberty. He’s a bull in a China shop! He hit the kitchen faucet I put in the laundry tub that’s acting as our lav until I turn that bathroom into a laundry room And broke the deck. Told him he needs to fix it this weekend.
Granted, a single hole faucet (free, customer just didn’t like it) without extra support isn’t good with a mustee.
I told him I would help with the plumbing, and help him figure out how to reinforce it. I worked all day yesterday, had two mains this morning and 5 hours catching up with friends who are seldom in town. To his credit he did his best. I don’t think it was a good idea to introduce him to the Red Green show! (Excuse looks, temp situation during a very slow construction project!)

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
My kid is 12 and going through puberty. He’s a bull in a China shop! He hit the kitchen faucet I put in the laundry tub that’s acting as our lav until I turn that bathroom into a laundry room And broke the deck. Told him he needs to fix it this weekend.
Granted, a single hole faucet (free, customer just didn’t like it) without extra support isn’t good with a mustee.
I told him I would help with the plumbing, and help him figure out how to reinforce it. I worked all day yesterday, had two mains this morning and 5 hours catching up with friends who are seldom in town. To his credit he did his best. I don’t think it was a good idea to introduce him to the Red Green show! (Excuse looks, temp situation during a very slow construction project!) View attachment 128705
better get him a box of rubbers now....duct tape doesnt work well for that..............lmao...

·
Super Moderator
8,725 Posts
I was cheated today, some diy had me install a tub/shower rough. When it was time to pay he argued my rate saying he saw the suggested rate from the association and I was charging way more and he didn't want to pay the 15 minutes of me packing up. Told him he could of shopped for someone else and he signed the contract that clearly states that packing my tools away was remunerable. I gave him the 15 minutes and told him and his wife to never ever call me again.

That's another gang I will refuse to work for again, those who start a diy a project. But I had kept a few aces up my sleeve just in case since he's doing the rest of the plumbing himself... I never told him what to do with the toilet flange, lockness lav trap, junk clogging the fill valve, off center tub drain by an inch and without a p-trap. As long as he doesn't decide to leave a bad review of file a complaint, I'm going to laugh in the end.

·
Registered
Lift Station Whisperer
189 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,725 Posts
WTF is that????? how the fuk you gonna clean schit off them stones....and the amount of piss they soak up will have that bathroom smelling like the public toilets at grand central station...

I've been to a house where their living room is a show. No one is allowed in or sit. It's just for show while they home owners sit in another room with old furniture..

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
Gotta admit, its a cool look.

Maybe you could seal it up with marine epoxy? That stuff that they make countertops out of?
I dont know if it will go on thick enough and not run off the sides and downward slopes...to make it really sanitary, you have to make smooth and fill in all those nook and cranies in the stone and the porousness of the stones themselves..

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
I've been to a house where their living room is a show. No one is allowed in or sit. It's just for show while they home owners sit in another room with old furniture..
when I worked for a plumber, we did a fancy show bathroom in a house, it was over 60,000 at least 30 years ago..so whats that worth today?? I looked it up, a little over $123,000.00....so they spend a huge amount for a show bathroom noone will ever use...

3021 - 3040 of 3092 Posts