Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

2661 - 2679 of 2679 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
If the t&p leaks for a while it can get a buildup of rust that stops it from opening.

We had a 3yr old residential boiler we installed blow a chunk of cast iron off the back a couple years ago. The t&p had corroded shut. I don't remember which control item failed, I would guess the thermostat.

View attachment 126864 View attachment 126865
You are correct grasshopper,this is why in commercial industrial buildings with boilers maintence will trip the relief valves once a month and have to note that it was done on record,this is to keep the relief valves from corroding up and becoming a ba,no not a ba but a bomb lololololo

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
.......trip the relief valves once a month .....
A number of years ago I decided to test the crusty looking relief valves in some houses where if they dripped after it would be fine. I did this a month or two before heating service season. Kept the heat guys on their toes and probably stopped some bad things from happening lolz

·
Super Moderator
7,994 Posts
Tango Original

Remember this episode where a severe sewer smell resided and the AAV was glued in? I gave them the opportunity to replace it twice and they declined. So today they paid a full service call to put another one in because it was moldy again, even the lysol jar was getting furry! It would be impossible for me to vent it to the roof unless they enlarge the access to the attic. Looks like they'll be hiring a company with a tiny guy to go up there.

·
Super Moderator
7,994 Posts
Tango Original

This hack job is very profitable, I need to go there a 3rd time. Had to go sunday for a leak (tank leak), new home owner just moved a couple days prior into this old house. We set an appointment for a toilet replacement today but when I pulled it off I saw another happy hack job. The bozo cut the lead below the floor and put a horned wax thinking it was all good! I'll have to cut the 1955 cast iron downstairs to put a new piece in. Guy called his insurance and the floor will probably be fixed.

·
Super Moderator
7,994 Posts
Tango Original This one they hired a guy(Hacker) who said he could do everything! Some time later it started to leak in 2 places one of which had no gasket so they called a company who have their ads on TV, the company stalled him 3-4 times today so he called me, I was there within 15-20 minutes. As I lay my tools by the cabinet the bad company called he was on his way, the customer told him to stay home. The wife was all happy the drain looked way better. She wanted to clean up herself but I said I got it, she was impressed I had a mini broom to clean the cabinet (she wanted one after that)!

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
I usually never show final results. .........
Well that better change once you get the operation ;) Kinky frenchmen.....

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
You and SRDH are the kinky ones in the group...I'll abstain from commenting. :censored:
Abstinence is even worse than having promiscuous sex. That's why all those priests go nuts from being blue-balled and do all those kinky things.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
My master just sent me this who got it from one of our property managers.... I’m guessing it’s a tub drain/lav combo?
Looks like a phuckit combo to me. Phuck this, phuck that, no time, no care.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
My master just sent me this who got it from one of our property managers.... I’m guessing it’s a tub drain/lav combo?
I think my favorite part is the dielectric unions.

2661 - 2679 of 2679 Posts