Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

2641 - 2660 of 2679 Posts

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
THAT IS WHAT A PRESSURE BULGED TANK LOOKS LIKE ! A CLOSED SYSTEM WITH NO EXPANSION TANK

Holy schit you're right! You just don't see the sides bowing out because the fiberglass compressed.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
So the T/P on the heater never opened up to relieve the pressure?
Why didn't the popoff valve go off before it got to the bomb stage???
If the t&p leaks for a while it can get a buildup of rust that stops it from opening.

We had a 3yr old residential boiler we installed blow a chunk of cast iron off the back a couple years ago. The t&p had corroded shut. I don't remember which control item failed, I would guess the thermostat.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
If the t&p leaks for a while it can get a buildup of rust that stops it from opening.

We had a 3yr old residential boiler we installed blow a chunk of cast iron off the back a couple years ago. The t&p had corroded shut. I don't remember which control item failed, I would guess the thermostat.
🙀🙀🙀😱😱😱😱😱😱😳😳

View attachment 126864 View attachment 126865

·
Super Moderator
7,994 Posts
Tango Original Jan. 5 Today was one of those holy hell days. Going to post a soap another day. Anyway this one they told me it was a retired hack, He didn't glue 2 joints and it's been like this for 6-7 years! Obviously the floor is a little rotted.

·
Super Moderator
7,994 Posts
Tango Original Jan. 5 Luxury house and luxury shower. Looks like a plumber's work, probably another GC con artist? But the pipes are in the exterior walls and another for the shower head near ceiling's attic(Freeze prone), and the new owner says the water starts real hot and becomes warm after a minute but the rest of the house is fine. Same thing for the free standing tub. There's this steamer in the shower wall. The idiotic thing is the safety valve discharging in the shower ready to steam/scald anyone who's in there. I have no idea where to start and he only wanted to fix something else for the moment.

·
Super Moderator
7,994 Posts
Tango Original Jan. 7 When will the hacking will ever stop!!!???

I charged my minimum and they are going to discuss the job as they thought it would be very easy and cheap. The discharge from the water softener without a check valve... yep $hit water straight back into potable water. hmmm good. The previous owner used pex fittings for polyethylene pipe which leaked at every joint and had drilled the WYE going to the toilet! The new home owners when they saw several leaks had tried to fix it themselves had unplugged the water softener and were lured into this fuggazi contraption. They also had planned for me to replace their kitchen faucet with a straight from china faucet named wowow! (I'm not kidding!!) I refused the faucet install. And here's a bonus pic to show how a lot of thrifty people, I'm wearing out the paint on my lucky charm in the van.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
I don't want to know why I was sent to hook up a sink and this was waiting for me along with all the other materials. Never seen this before either. Feel bad for throwing it away, the landfill doesn't need this kind of crap in it. I did take the rubber washers though.

Next time don't throw it out, mail it to someone in charge of the codes and regulations.

·
Super Moderator
7,994 Posts
I don't want to know why I was sent to hook up a sink and this was waiting for me along with all the other materials. Never seen this before either. Feel bad for throwing it away, the landfill doesn't need this kind of crap in it. I did take the rubber washers though.
I throw away the water hoses to the dryer/washer, they aren't approved. We now have a webpage to denounce illegal fittings and such. I don't have time to waste on that though.

·
Super Moderator
7,994 Posts
Does it leak? No? So STFU and leave me alone!
That was the algerian the other day... He ordered me to only put a new handle on the shut off valve at the toilet. I suggested to replace the entire valve because the gaskets inside break off and you can't shut off the water and clogs a bunch of stuff. He said no way unless you do it for free. Ok no problem just a handle, still a minimum 1 hr plus full price for a valve. As for this drain not my problem and he'll call someone else when it damages the walls. Name is on my dna list and eventually blocked.

2641 - 2660 of 2679 Posts