Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

2621 - 2640 of 2679 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,994 Posts
Wastewater as in washing machine discharge? We can, and in fact I/we, recommend it if the situation is right to dump a washer into a laundry tub. Reasons being that you can catch the lint and we can run 1 1/2 and not 2”.
One common setup I see from the mid 60s to the mid 70s is the washer stack next to the main stack, but with the trap under the concrete. They always plug. We tee into the stack and install a laundry tub, if we have room. If we have no room for a tub, than check, AAV and trap, but still tee into the stack.
It was like that before, not anymore. Now if I play by the book I have to break concrete, repipe 2" from under from a good distance away because of the sud zone and destroy their kitchen to put a vent into the attic and roof.
Stupid stupid stupid.

·
Super Moderator
7,994 Posts
Another Tango original....

Not sure if I posted this one before but, the previous home owner's water heater wasn't giving out enough hot water so he cranked the thermostat to the max and when it didn't work as planned he thought he was smarter than a plumber and thought to himself I'll just insulate it a little more You know cold water and all. Had to take a new home owner to ask me why the fock is my water all fubar?

Bonus teflon repairs in the same house. And a kitchen vent pipe sticking out under the gutter! WTF??

·
Super Moderator
7,994 Posts
Easiest job this year....I'll give you a hint.

On these last days of 2020 I would like to sincerely thank all the Hackers and DIY to provide me a continuous stream of lunacy work in the mental asylum that I live in and to help me achieve another milestone towards changing my company name to "Lambo Lamb Contractor Inc".

Thank you, and I'll see you in 2 days! o_O

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Easiest job this year....I'll give you a hint.........
Was it the breaker? Not sure what you're trying to show us. Is that 3 wire going into the disposal? is it a 120v disposal wired with 220v?

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Super Moderator
7,994 Posts
Was it the breaker? Not sure what you're trying to show us. Is that 3 wire going into the disposal? is it a 120v disposal wired with 220v?
They bought a new disposal for me to replace the one that wasn't working. Since these things are so freaking rare I decided to read the trouble shooting guide first. Told them I just saved you guys 500$ but you still owe me my 1hr minimum.
The red reset button! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
They bought a new disposal for me to replace the one that wasn't working. Since these things are so freaking rare I decided to read the trouble shooting guide first. Told them I just saved you guys 500$ but you still owe me my 1hr minimum.
The red reset button! :ROFLMAO:

I got an extremely long pair of needle nose pliers I keep in the toolbag but you'll really wanted a double jointed pair of needle nose as most single joint models are too short to get some items from a disposal. The long thin jaws are weaker too.

I pulled small chain out of one two weeks ago. I went back to that same house friday and removed broken glass from the pump on the dishwasher.🤣

I went to a commercial kitchen and removed a spoon from a three phase disposal. The head of the spoon had been sheared off! o_O

From disposals in the past year I've pulled out several broken glass cups, a bracelet, A whole orange that they had to squeeze through the drain opening, clay plant pot pieces, the rubber bit from a sink stopper, and several other items. And of course I've had a couple where it was just the thermal reset breaker on bottom or the GFCI outlet it was tapped off, or occasionally the panel breaker.

I actually had a 50+yr old disposal from sears a week ago where the stainless riveted pin in the center finally wore out and the platter disconnected from the motor shaft, now that is a well built disposal!!

If I had a 220v or 208v disposal, I'd run a separate 2" line direct to my septic tank and get rid of the garbage bucket under the counter :eek:;):ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Carp is the best eating fish there is,I have a special recipe for fresh succulent fillet of carp (1)get you about a 10lb carp from a muddy pond,(2)fillet both sides of the carp and leave mud vein in,(3)roll fillets in a fresh pile of cow manure,(4)fry it up in 1/2" grease or in deep fryer,(5)when golden brown take out and throw the carp away and eat the cow manure!!!this is the best way to prepare and eat succulent carp fillets lololololololololololololo

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I got an extremely long pair of needle nose pliers I keep in the toolbag but you'll really wanted a double jointed pair of needle nose as most single joint models are too short to get some items from a disposal. The long thin jaws are weaker too.

I pulled small chain out of one two weeks ago. I went back to that same house friday and removed broken glass from the pump on the dishwasher.🤣

I went to a commercial kitchen and removed a spoon from a three phase disposal. The head of the spoon had been sheared off! o_O

From disposals in the past year I've pulled out several broken glass cups, a bracelet, A whole orange that they had to squeeze through the drain opening, clay plant pot pieces, the rubber bit from a sink stopper, and several other items. And of course I've had a couple where it was just the thermal reset breaker on bottom or the GFCI outlet it was tapped off, or occasionally the panel breaker.

I actually had a 50+yr old disposal from sears a week ago where the stainless riveted pin in the center finally wore out and the platter disconnected from the motor shaft, now that is a well built disposal!!

If I had a 220v or 208v disposal, I'd run a separate 2" line direct to my septic tank and get rid of the garbage bucket under the counter :eek:;):ROFLMAO:
I carry these Harbor Freight long hemo’s for disposals and pulling hair out of a pop-ups.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,994 Posts
I'm still waiting for the 5$ membership for more epic winners from my own adventures...

Tango Original, Version 2021

24th floor, that'll be nice when the china no name/unapproved sprayer busts. Otherwise check out the cool bracket to close the valve with a cabinet door knob.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I'm still waiting for the 5$ membership for more epic winners from my own adventures...

24th floor, that'll be nice when the china no name/unapproved sprayer busts. Otherwise check out the cool bracket to close the valve with a cabinet door knob.

View attachment 126842

View attachment 126843

View attachment 126842

View attachment 126843
That sprayer is a poor mans bidet lololololo

2621 - 2640 of 2679 Posts