Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

2501 - 2520 of 2556 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
$2M down payment! But you might get in trouble....
2 Million! They are not that much.

215K for a 2015
22K for taxes
Plus 4-6K in mods for a wing and a wrap if I don't like the color.
I wonder about the insurance... And by the time I'm close enough for a large down payment I expect another 10-20K in depreciation.

Too bad Maclarens have such a bad reputation of breaking down and because of that they are almost half price of a Huracan.

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
In Hack Land today.....Another straight pipe laundry, why use a spring for a hanger? How about a hose clamp. Is the p-trap in the ceiling for the laundry? The best part was the 60 gallon water heater, you have to lift the damn thing over a ledge and over the toilet. The new homeowner said he's going to open the wall. One year left on it so who knows if I get to replace it.

·
Il Lic. Plumber
40 Posts
Looks like there is a lifetime of work in your area . Where I am located everything is really old or brand new . Not a lot of in between. First boss told me that with all the old stuff needing repaired/ replaced I would have a job for life. He was correct, but seems I stay just as busy repairing new stuff that all the hacks installed.

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
Looks like there is a lifetime of work in your area . Where I am located everything is really old or brand new . Not a lot of in between. First boss told me that with all the old stuff needing repaired/ replaced I would have a job for life. He was correct, but seems I stay just as busy repairing new stuff that all the hacks installed.
If you want to reply to someone specifically use the quote button like I did. It helps to know who you are talking to or to everyone. Or you can always use the @ @Dontbitenails

We have a lot of new houses, it takes about 15 years before stuff to break down. As for hackers, and diy my guess is they outnumber plumbers by at least 500 to 1. I repair very little hack work compared to the pictures I post. I'm usually there for something else. I sometimes tell them it's hacked but since it didn't make them sick or flood the place they don't want it done at the moment.

·
Il Lic. Plumber
40 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Still trying to figure out the nuts and bolts of this website

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
Thank you, thank you very much to new construction plumbers, I will earn a nice paycheck for every single house you do! I repeat every single house! Company saved 4.50$ on the install by letting 1st year apprentices do fubar plumbing all alone and without proper materials and in return I make beaucoup dollars. (y) I have 2 more flanges in another house next week that are too low. Told the guy to expect opening ceilings and more beaucoup dollars.

Flange 1/2" below tile and several stacked wax and it destroyed a huge internet station, Another 8" and there was another huge electronic tower(Luckily still OK), I wonder how many thousands it'll take to replace all the electronics.

11 B (10).jpg

2501 - 2520 of 2556 Posts