Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 489 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,280 Posts
Looks like something i'd never do but I don't see anything illegal unless there's a garbage disposal to the left. I hate tubular pipe, it's for handy hacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at the trap. The waste outlet is higher than the continuous waste. This is the second one in this apartment building I've come across. We fixed the last one and these tenets move out at the end of the month. I just needed to get it draining till then.

This one was a bit hairy to cable. Whatever kind of hub they used to connect the pic and galvanized let it flop around in the wall. Thought I was going to loose it in the wall.

When drain cleaning at this place you have a 50/50% chance of knocking a hole in the bottom of the drain.

·
Super Moderator
11,280 Posts
What's up with that u-turn drain?
That's the laundry line where the back up occurred. I didn't take the time to really look at it well, but one side was higher than the other, like they had two washers? Here's the kicker.... The main backed up from there, the first floor. Main line laid on the floor from the back of the house to where my pvc clean out was; 15' from the front. Just before my clean out there was a 3x2 tee on it's back, went into an 1-1/2 pressure tee that was bushed to 3/4 and capped with some sort of garden hose contraption to cap that and up to a trapped deep sink. I can't explain it. The main backed up out of the second highest non checked fixture.:eek:

·
Super Moderator
11,280 Posts
Half bath with laundry, 3", very short run. Backed up enough to force it's way out of the unglued, duct taped lav line. Couldn't pull it out by hand, had to knock it loose with a hammer and screw driver.

Worked out ok other than wanting an early out on a Friday.

·
Super Moderator
11,280 Posts
Started cutting, capping, removing stools, three handle faucets in an 11 unit, three story apt building.

Ran across this horizontal tub trap. For the life of me I can't find it mentioned in the code book. Also my semi homemade toilet dolly. Worked pretty well.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,280 Posts
That's the way it was hooked up. The waste outlet didn't even have a Ferrell, just a garbage disposal rubber on the backside of the nut. I held the trap disconnected to show the tail piece. Surprisingly the tail piece into the outlet of the trap didn't leak.

New continuous waste installed, I like doing things right.

What I meant to write was "I couldn't get it to stop leaking." Thanks again autocorrect.

·
Super Moderator
11,280 Posts
Lost power? Maybe it's late and not seeing it. Is any of that mess connected to the grease trap? Doesn't really look like it, but that's a nice trap! Someone here posted one that ran across a ceiling some where it dropped down to just under the stairs and back all the way up to the ceiling. Looked residential iirc.

When you post a picture from an IPhone here it rotates it. I haven't quite figured it out, and low on the priority list.

1 - 20 of 489 Posts