Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, we don't do this. But plenty of companies (the one-truck or two-truck companies with the techs laid off and the owner doing the work himself for insanely discounted prices) around here do.
". . . and we give a xx% discount if you pay in cash."
These guys are pocketing the cash, failing to report it as sales, and pocketing the 30-40% plus that I otherwise have to send in to Uncle Sam.
Do any of you offer discounts for cash?

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
My response.

Hey, I understand where you are coming from sir, but look at it this way. If I am willing to cheat on my taxes I might be willing to cheat you too. I don't do either so I really can't give you a cash discount.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Don't worry, they will "get their's" one way or the other. Not only do they have to worry about cheating uncle Sam and getting caught, if you don't show income, you can't get credit. No matter if it's buying a house or borrowing enough to float the business through a few bad months, little or no income on the books = no money from the bank. Not a good plan for the near (and possibly not so near) future.:hang:

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
The other day I stopped at Akmed & Hasheem's Quicky Mart for smokes,sandwich and a pepsi...
He adds it all up on a calculator charges me sales tax then stuffs it in a cigar box. He's got a cash register that he uses every third sale...
Yea I dropped a dime!
860-566-4914 and I was talking to a very interested investigator at the special investigative services unit of the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services...

http://www.irs.gov/compliance/enforcement/article/0,,id=121259,00.html

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=report+tax+fraud&btnG=Google+Search

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
No, we don't do this. But plenty of companies (the one-truck or two-truck companies with the techs laid off and the owner doing the work himself for insanely discounted prices) around here do.
". . . and we give a xx% discount if you pay in cash."
These guys are pocketing the cash, failing to report it as sales, and pocketing the 30-40% plus that I otherwise have to send in to Uncle Sam.
Do any of you offer discounts for cash?

no comment:blink:

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
Why would I give a discount for cash if I don't report it? I am the one taking all the risk. That doesn't even make sense.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I do not discount for cash. I know one thing about myself. If a string of 25 cars are speeding down the interstate and I am buried in the middle of them I am am going to be the one that gets the ticket. I can't lie worth a crap so I do not play little games with the IRS. Not worth it in my opinion.

This is a fact... the IRS is the single nastiest organization in the entire world, when it comes to there money. All for the sake of a few bucks. I promise with a good experienced CPA you will make more money than you could hide, and have nothing to fear in the event of an audit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts