Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never seen a boiler installed in a residential setting in my area. Why is that? Is it because our heating season is so short and light that it doesn't make economic sense?

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
I've never seen a boiler installed in a residential setting in my area. Why is that? Is it because our heating season is so short and light that it doesn't make economic sense?
what do you need a boiler for?

Its like hot as hell there,......come on......if they had boilers in Florida that would be like the largest waste of energy ever..

In fact they should make solar water heating more ready there.....its way hot enough

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I do.

Ambient air temperature actually has little to do with solar domestic water heating other than freeze protection requirements as the heat you're collecting is in the form of radiant energy not hot air. My heater is at about 150F right now even though the air temp is at like 45-50F. What is important: average hours of direct sunlight in the area, angle of altitude and air mass.

If you’re designing a system at the north pole for summer use that usually has clear skies vs. a system in an equatorial latitude that always has rain or clouds present during peak solar window, the one the north pole will beat the one on the equator hands down in output.

what do you need a boiler for?

Its like hot as hell there,......come on......if they had boilers in Florida that would be like the largest waste of energy ever..

In fact they should make solar water heating more ready there.....its way hot enough

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Protech,
Thanks for the pics. Do you run any closed loop solar in FL? Here in AZ it has to be closed loop or an automatic drainback system to qualify for incentive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts