Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were looking into this video training course by Charlie Greer and it seems impressive. They offer 52 (15-20 min) videos for training techs. However, the cost is steep $1,211.95 for the 13 DVD's.

If they work, it is a little investment. If they don't, $1,211.95 that could be spent elsewhere.

Anyone here have any comments they would like to add about the Tec Daddy Survival School Series?

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
Definitely get it if you plan on switching to flatrate. It will help your guys adjust to flatrating jobs and excel at selling your services.:thumbsup: Most of the advice is geared towards flatrate service in HVAC and plumbing. If you don't switch to flatrate, then it may still be worth it. It has a lot of general advice for making technicians more professional in their attitude, appearance, speech, etc.
I learned quite a bit from the series at my former shop. I would buy it if I had to train a few technicians at the same time.

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
I haven't seen his videos, But i did have him ride around with me for a day a few years ago. interesting guy to watch.

Plumber Jim
Well, did he sell like he says he does?

I've seen the vids and they are worth it, if only to get the crew in one room and quiet for an hour.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Well, did he sell like he says he does?

I've seen the vids and they are worth it, if only to get the crew in one room and quiet for an hour.

Everyone that had him ride with them sold more than usual. He isn't a plumber and doesn't pretend to be ( to the other plumbers that is ) his background is in hvac sales.

Plumber Jim

·
Registered
103 Posts
TEc Daddy

I watched [was forced to watch] his DVD's three times over the course of 4 years. 52 15-20 minute episodes! I can tell you i hated watching these things. Seriously, he could have summed up all his points in one half hour comprehensive DVD. Just tell me once, i get it, i dont need to have the same point repeated over and over again adnauseum!
Instead he goes on and on and on about himself and a bunch of other pointless crap before he gets to the point. Over $1000 for his DVD set, are you kidding me! The only thing i came away with from watching those things was that I could walk into my bosses office and tell him I "deserved" a raise instead of going in there and begging for one.
If your employees are dreading watching this guy every day for months they will not take in what he has to say, they will tune it out just like i did.
There was another plumber on here that posted his comapny manual for free. That manual has the exact same information in it as the 52 tec daddy DVD's but it cuts through the crap and gets to the point. Download, print and distribute that to your employees instaed of wasting money on this guy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts