Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

whole house lift station

10K views 40 replies 12 participants last post by  RichardBull 
#1 ·
I was on a job today changing 16 year old Hydromantic 2HP pump with 1 1/4 discharge. 100% Original from 1997. Well I have change a few of these pumps in the past. But todays went to HELL!
the stub in pipe that the yoke slides onto broke off in the pit. It got dark on me so I'm going back tomorrow to see how bad it broke off. My question is does this stub in piece bolt onto the pit or am I going to have to dig it up and stub in a new line? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

What I found strange is that the pump doesn't have a check valve unless it's built in? Once I undid the yoke and broke the seal it was like a river of never ending poo water!!!:furious:

Reactions: sparky
#39 · (Edited)
I need to dig up some pics. I just installed a nice 2” solids pump system for a swank pool house addition. This guy built a 600sq ft pool house with kitchen and bath and spent $145,000

I installed a Myers 2” solids pump in a 3x5 reinforced spun fiberglass basin with a rhombus pump controller.

It pumps approx 85’ at a 2% grade to a gravity sewer. Zoller cast iron check, type L copper inside the basin with stainless steel 2” Union.

I also install high head grinders......

Special place in my heart for poop pumps. Big $$$$$

#40 ·
I need to dig up some pics. I just installed a nice 2” solids pump system for a swank pool house addition. This guy built a 600sq ft pool house with kitchen and bath and spent $145,000

I installed a Myers 2” solids pump in a 3x5 reinforced spun fiberglass basin with a rhombus pump controller.

It pumps approx 85’ at a 2% grade to a gravity sewer. Zoller cast iron check, type L copper inside the basin with stainless steel 2” Union.

I also install high head grinders......

Special place in my heart for poop pumps. Big $$$$$
What you charge for this job????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.