Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Commercial, residential, or service work?

• Commercial

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • New residential

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Service work

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Remodeling

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 6 14.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Added 4th option to the poll

·
AKA house plumber
3,560 Posts
I myself prefer new residential. With the houses we do they are a good size so a 2nd rough you will be there for about a month. Give or take.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I do all right now but if I could catch on with 3 or 4 main comercial contracts I would click my heals. Boring, maybe, but at least the whining is limited to less people.:yes:

·
Registered
843 Posts
I prefer service work. If I get stiffed or have problems collecting, I can survive it.

With commercial, you go to work at the same place every day for months or even years. I like a new job every day.

With new residential, you're on the wrong end of the food chain.

With commercial service, you get to wait until the seventh Sunday after the blue moon preceding the equinox but after the solstice to get paid.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Service and remodeling were OK, but I liked designing and running new high rise work, I got out of it because I couldn't deal with the meetings any longer, but I used to enjoy designing stacks and occasionally designing stack fittings. I have probably ordered thousands of a fitting most here have never installed, a utility tee.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I think all plumbing basically is problem solving, it just depends how much you want to get into solving the problem...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts