Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey every1, im currently in Calgary Alberta, originally from Toronto Ontario. When i first got out here i had 4 job offers on the table, all well paying good companies. After taking one offer and working for them for 6 months, putting in long hours and weekends i lost my job due to there not being enough work. i've called many companies around the city most of which i see trucks and avertisements for all the time and no one is hiring. I've also talked to my many plumbing contacts in Toronto and the same thing is going on there SHORTAGE OF WORK!!! Im freaking out after sitting at home for a week im starting to get scared!! should i start looking for a job maybe at ronas or home depot? Where is there good steady work that will keep me busy and out of trouble?:cry:

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
I would. Construction always has its ups and downs and this is one of those.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Come to the westcoast, lots of work out here. 2010 is keepin us busy like crazy..

what r u talking about? new construction pretty much dried up, i spoke with alot of my buddies, blue prints have stopped and they are just finishing projects.

service is good, but there are still a huge amount of tirekickers, more then ever, and not only that alot of gov people are on furlows now nad hte gov does not have money to pay the peoples tax returns, they are giving them IOU'S, on top of that, our health care system is crashing, to many non tax payers seeking treatment, our school system is crashing, to many children attending with non tax paying parents, and to give u an example, the women that had 8 children, she already had 6 with no husband, who is going to pay for that? lucky hse supposedly has book deals now and has hired a publisist.ummmm, do you even live in California?

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
I believe all the work is in China or Thailand take your pick.:whistling2:

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Oh, yeah, that Canadian thing.

Vancouver had to borrow a billion or two to finish the condos---talk about underbidding then covering with change orders. :laughing:

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Plenty of work in my neck of the woods. mostly service, and remodels, have a few houses going on, and two small commercial projects.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
I'm finishing up a job tomorrow but I need like 74 days off so I can get caught up on my paperwork, getting my shop cleaned up.

It looks like Rosie O'donnell's crotch; dirty, unclean and no one wants to see it.
Dude, I could have went the rest of my life without reading that. I am forever disturbed. I will now go cry myself to sleep.

·
Banned
383 Posts
I'm finishing up a job tomorrow but I need like 74 days off so I can get caught up on my paperwork, getting my shop cleaned up.

It looks like Rosie O'donnell's crotch; dirty, unclean and no one wants to see it.
electricians do it in the dark.
plumbers do it when it stinks.

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
I have more work than I can handle. I am turning away customers daily because of schedule overload. Plenty of money coming in...problem is there is also plenty of money going out. I need to try and cut back on business overhead and personal spending.

Its hard to try and build a business and be the sole financial supporter of my family a the same time. Man, I miss the days when my wife was working and bringing home some dough. Now her job is even harder...fulltime mom. But no money.:cry:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Oh, yeah, that Canadian thing.

Vancouver had to borrow a billion or two to finish the condos---talk about underbidding then covering with change orders. :laughing:
The reason for the financing problems was it was a P3 partnership (public, private, partnership) and the private financing company took a hit with the American disaster. So the government had to come up with another 500million to finish off the project.

But yeah we are still booming like crazy here. The whole province is doing really well. Saskatchewan is busy too, but who wants to live there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's getting pretty nasty in central FLA! Commercially, Lots of jobs bidding but you have to buy them if ya want them.

Companies throwing out some ridculous numbers.

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
I have more work than I can handle. I am turning away customers daily because of schedule overload. Plenty of money coming in...problem is there is also plenty of money going out. I need to try and cut back on business overhead and personal spending.

Its hard to try and build a business and be the sole financial supporter of my family a the same time. Man, I miss the days when my wife was working and bringing home some dough. Now her job is even harder...fulltime mom. But no money.:cry:
That's the price you pay for a family---worth every single dime.
:yes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts