Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
not yet, thanks... I will check into Kohler direct

I just called the best place in our town which can match up about anything
and their head guy tells me they dis continued that spool type cartridge for the kohler a long while back
and just dont carry them any longer.... I was surprised

If I can get the parts, I would rather attempt the repair because these two shower units have a set of closet
drawers that I would have to cut through to install a new faucet...
Cut thru the front and use a decorative plate install a Moentrol and be a hero lololololo

·
Registered
Certified DIY Advisor (Terms and conditions apply)
335 Posts
Can I just do a quick shout out to M-ONE?

M-ONE is in SLC, which is in my service area. Those dudes are THE SCHIT.

Most of the guys who work there are old plumbers that are just too old to do the physical labor required in plumbing. Theyve been around the block and have done the trade 20-35 years. They're AWESOME. I swear to God they know everything.

If you need a cartridge and they don't have it, they'll find it ASAP and call you. Great service.

If you need a stem, and they don't have it, you can take the old one in and they'll machine it. Come back in two hours or so, and they got it all made perfectly.

They're great

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Cut thru the front and use a decorative plate install a Moentrol and be a hero lololololo

That would be a contest which I dont really want to attempt...'

I am just gonna order one set of parts and hope its right then go from there

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Kohler Neidecken t/s faucet was very well built and lasted for years. No it wasn't pressure balanced but for a 1 handle faucet it was great. Very easy to rebuild, but expensive, compared to most of the crap being sold today. When rebuilding these replace ALL the parts. A worn stem will not work right with a new yoke!
You will need the Kohler K-30090 repair kit, the K-30092 yoke assembly kit and the cover / stem part number varies because there are 3 different lengths of stems depending on the rough in. Once rebuilt you won't see that faucet for years!

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
The Kohler Neidecken t/s faucet was very well built and lasted for years. No it wasn't pressure balanced but for a 1 handle faucet it was great. Very easy to rebuild, but expensive, compared to most of the crap being sold today. When rebuilding these replace ALL the parts. A worn stem will not work right with a new yoke!
You will need the Kohler K-30090 repair kit, the K-30092 yoke assembly kit and the cover / stem part number varies because there are 3 different lengths of stems depending on the rough in. Once rebuilt you won't see that faucet for years!
WOW O' WOW 10 POSTS IN 10 YEARS, EQUAL 1 A YEAR

·
7,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
If your ever in need of a part this place has never failed to recognize or procure

I have been kind of lazy this week,,, been installing water softeners and heaters
left and right..... I cant seem to bring myself to order these parts and hope they
work out ok..... I am gonna tell them 950 each for 2 new delta 1700 faucets installed
or 500 each to attempt to repair these old pigs....with no guarantee and no return on
expensive parts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have been kind of lazy this week,,, been installing water softeners and heaters
left and right..... I cant seem to bring myself to order these parts and hope they
work out ok..... I am gonna tell them 950 each for 2 new delta 1700 faucets installed
or 500 each to attempt to repair these old pigs....with no guarantee and no return on
expensive parts
Yep,replace new is only way to go

·
7,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Cheap azzes lololololo
I think a lot of people think I am working just for the exercise
just wanting to get out of the house and breathe fresh air at their homes........

21 - 33 of 33 Posts