Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get to this home built in the early 60s and they have these kohler ninedecker faucets in
2 shower units... I call the oldest supply house in town that has parts for all kinds of faucets and
they claim its not available any longer.... They said they stopped selling that model back in
the late 90s and told me we will probably have to change them out....

anyone know where in the USA would have the parts for 2 of these faucets??

I am really in no mood to change them out

·
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the supply houses and the hardware stores by me stock them
Thanks , I did not think it was that difficult to get my hands on them
but this is what they told me today....

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
I get to this home built in the early 60s and they have these kohler ninedecker faucets ...........anyone know where in the USA would have the parts for 2 of these faucets??
Have you contacted the Kohler Pro help line?

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you contacted the Kohler Pro help line?
not yet, thanks... I will check into Kohler direct

I just called the best place in our town which can match up about anything
and their head guy tells me they dis continued that spool type cartridge for the kohler a long while back
and just dont carry them any longer.... I was surprised

If I can get the parts, I would rather attempt the repair because these two shower units have a set of closet
drawers that I would have to cut through to install a new faucet...

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
I get to this home built in the early 60s and they have these kohler ninedecker faucets....................
I have to ask, what was stopping you from taking the trim off for a pic?

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Did you even try a google search?

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
You will almost certainly need the new seats as well.

Make sure you have a socket to fit them. May want to take a regular socket and grind the face flat for full contact on those short flats.

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
I guarantee you it's just a regular socket.

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Faucet Shark appears to have all the Niedecken parts you could want.

I wouldn't bother with the special tool. You might be able to get away with the seat and washer kit instead of the whole assembly. I would ask the customer if they feel sloppy when they are used. If they feel tight but just don't shut off I'd only get the seats and seals.

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Amazon has all the Niedecken parts too. Someone was blowing smoke up your azz about the parts being discontinued.

·
4th year apprentice
693 Posts
I must be doing something wrong. I usually get the Home Depot employees who are all too happy to answer questions that they don't know the answers to. Sometimes they'll even offer when I don't ask, and sometimes I've got 7 other things going on in my head and like a fool have a momentary lapse of reason and take them up on it. I usually regret it when it's a girl, and the first thing she will do is whip out her phone, all proud of herself that she has the entire world of answers at her disposal on the internet. Or else she will just start looking at the same areas that I just did, and reading packages that I am more than cabable of reading, and just did, which don't have the answer I need. I do usually have better luck at the supply houses, but even there I'll sometimes hit it on the day the circus is in town and I get stuck with Bozo.

·
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the information.... I figured if I put this on here that people would go ape **** about it
and dogpile me with tons info....... this rebuild crap is expensive

I dont know what the head parts fellow at Economy Plumbing Indianapolis was going on about.... it surprised me too

I guess I must have misunderstood him and they claimed that they just stopped selling this stuff......
we dont see a lot of this old Kohler junk around here much any longer...
our area is really big in Delta faucets.....

Thanks for doing the research for me.... :p (y)

·
Registered
6,700 Posts

·
Registered
Plumber
37 Posts
I get to this home built in the early 60s and they have these kohler ninedecker faucets in
2 shower units... I call the oldest supply house in town that has parts for all kinds of faucets and
they claim its not available any longer.... They said they stopped selling that model back in
the late 90s and told me we will probably have to change them out....

anyone know where in the USA would have the parts for 2 of these faucets??

I am really in no mood to change them out
Looks like I'm late to the party, but I've also had good luck finding obscure stuff using Alfano's in New York.

Only problem is they like to use their own part numbers, so you have to do a little more digging, but it seems like for the most part if Alfano's doesn't have it, it doesn't exist.

·
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you didn't even "Like" my posts :p

Nothing but love..... thanks for doing the footwork for me......💖💝💕🧡💛💚

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts