Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the kind of residence in which a plumbing contractor/drain lives who has no idea what his overhead costs are and is trying to increase sales volume by charging $5.00 less than "the going rate."

Attachments

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
:laughing:

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Banned
913 Posts
:laughing: I think I've seen that guy's truck in my town. His truck has "Master Plumber" lettered really big on the side of his truck. Most of the time it is parked at a local bar - that bar must have a lot of plumbing problems since he's there more often than not. He's unshaven and unkept - I've seen him at traffic lights. I imagine his home looks similar to the one above.

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
I don't usually see my competition's houses. But I tend to laugh when I see the old, beat-up, unmarked pick-up truck rolling down the road with pvc pipe on the pipe rack. The truck looks like it may die any minute, and I wonder if the guy is even licensed, much less knowing how to run a business. You know the ones.

True Story: Once a lady complained about my price to repair her shower-valve. She said her old plumber only charged $75, and she thought I was a rip-off for what I charged.
I asked her, "Why did you call me then, instead of your old plumber?"
Her answer, word for word: "Oh,well he went out of business." :blink: :no:

·
Banned
383 Posts
I don't usually see my competition's houses. But I tend to laugh when I see the old, beat-up, unmarked pick-up truck rolling down the road with pvc pipe on the pipe rack. The truck looks like it may die any minute, and I wonder if the guy is even licensed, much less knowing how to run a business. You know the ones.

True Story: Once a lady complained about my price to repair her shower-valve. She said her old plumber only charged $75, and she thought I was a rip-off for what I charged.
they just dont wanna listen:surrender:

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
If I had a dollar for every time I've had that exact same conversation I could buy that poor bastard in the photo a new house.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Her answer, word for word: "Oh,well he went out of business." :blink: :no:[/QUOTE]

Haha, those are my favourites!!! They try and pull that one all the time, and at first we listened a bit, but now we let them call another cheaper guy...half the time they call us when they are done being ripped off. Alif has fixed a lot of 'the last guy''s stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts