Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

When it's slow "It's SLOW"

5K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  SewerRatz 
#1 · (Edited)
Holy cow I'm on day 6 with no calls WTF.

A perfect example of why I told my buddy to stay with his employer and not go on his own. Not a good time to open shop when people are not calling. This is my longest stretch yet with nothing.

So glad I have no loans on my equipment save and pay cash no debt only way to survive up here.

Oh well we all have a bad month now and then.

#2 ·
Where are you buddy, up there in god's country? I'll bet it's slow up there cause it's pretty damn dead around here too. Good thing we have a pile of city contracts and maintainance work to do or we'd be laying off.

You should head south, I'll meet you in Laconia for a beer some afternoon.:thumbsup:

#3 ·
I'm up in Berlin, NH.
Came up here homes were cheap love the mountains and lack of competion.
I would meet for a beer some time love chatting with fellow tradesmen. I will let you know if I'm ever in the area down there sometimes I get call's of the internet for commercial drains down that way.

#6 ·
We were slow for a couple months after Christmas, but things are really starting to pick up now. We just had a provincial election and alot of projects seemed to be waiting for the outcome before any decision were made.

So now we wait for the boom to happen again!

#7 · (Edited)
Hate being bored

Thank goodness day 6 did not happen had call last night 7pm.
Grease trap clog. YUCK but it's money and got an every 6 month service maintenance out of it.

Now Friday am back to nothing I hate being bored.

#13 ·
Two years back the cat gets real sick, wife and I take it to the vet. The vet takes it in for tests. Next day the vet calls us to come in for a consultation. He tells us the cat has some sort of tumor that may or may not be operable and it's gonna cost about 25 hundred bucks. After laying it all out he says "so what do you think" I says goodby to the cat.:whistling2:

#16 ·
Two years back the cat gets real sick, wife and I take it to the vet. The vet takes it in for tests. Next day the vet calls us to come in for a consultation. He tells us the cat has some sort of tumor that may or may not be operable and it's gonna cost about 25 hundred bucks. After laying it all out he says "so what do you think" I says goodby to the cat.:whistling2:
Years ago my ex brought home a dog...
Just came home from work and when I met the mutt was the first I heard of it...
Didn't matter that we already had a great dog, couple of cats, and 2 kids...
Times were tough like they get whenever a Bush is in my pocket take your pick of Dubya or, dad...
The plant is closing and I'm job hunting...

Any way this dog was the dumbest mutt I ever met...
Didn't know its name even...
Huh, you talking to me?:laughing:
I'm sitting there watching TV and I look over at this dumb mutt and it's taking a dump on the living room carpet 10' away from me without even making a peep and the dog is 1 1/2 years old...

Day 2 the dog got loose...
It bolted through the door when it opened knocking my daughter down the steps...
The mutt runs across the huge yard and into the street in front of a car and gets hit...
She takes it to the vet where they ran up a $900 tab just to say it would take about $2400 to save the mutt and the back legs would never work again...
She then calls me at work to deliver the news...

Not in this lifetime pup!
End of deal a few hundred more to put him down and cook the carcass...
Damn!
If I had been home me an this pup woulda gone into the woods and only one of us woulda come out...:furious:

#24 ·
Steady customers has been keeping us alive, barely. But ever since I rolled out my new website a couple months ago I have been getting a lot more shoppers and landing them. I just printed up 10,000 fliers, the old man is going to bat them out. I also put the fliers on our service trucks. So when we are on a job, we put a flier on the houses on both sides of the job site before we leave the block.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.