Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I mainly install Moen positemp or Moentrol, but the cartridges for the positemp keep going up in price (if you don't play the system and get em for free), and sometimes those cartridges are a real pain to get out. I hate to install a piece of hardware just because that's "what I was taught." I want to know that what I am putting in is going to last, and is right.

Here in UT cartridges on positemps last maybe about nine months to a year because of the hard water.

Have you guys noticed any valves that seem to deal with hard water better than others?
No,they all suck in hard water

·
Super Moderator
9,022 Posts
Yes the delta cartridges are high,but you can go to Lowe's and buy them for 48.00 bucks,a delta rep swore to me that they are the same faucets in big box stores and plumbing supply houses for us pros,I dont know for sure and have no way of verifying what he said
I'm in Canada prices are high. Loowes is an hour away. Roona is owned by Loowe and the price tag today is 104$, sure you can buy knock off for a little bit cheaper but I avoid them if I can.

Yes manufacturers (moen&delfa) now supply the same quality to plumbers as to the diy. It's been like that for at least a decade.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
I never thought nothing about this,so the tub port is a larger opening allowing more flow,correct???that would be some crazy faucet building there lolololol
Crazy?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I'm in Canada prices are high. Loowes is an hour away. Roona is owned by Loowe and the price tag today is 104$, sure you can buy knock off for a little bit cheaper but I avoid them if I can.

Yes manufacturers (moen&delfa) now supply the same quality to plumbers as to the diy. It's been like that for at least a decade.
The delta cartridges I'm talking about from Lowe's is in the delta package like it comes from a supply house,same tough plastic

·
Il Lic. Plumber
132 Posts
I never thought nothing about this,so the tub port is a larger opening allowing more flow,correct???that would be some crazy faucet building there lolololol
Yes the ports for tub filler portion are larger as the shower is the only portion of the faucet that the government thinks we need to restrict for water conservation.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I've noticed that delta has changed the tub/shower rough in valve so that copper shower restriction part can't be knocked out, it's a machined part of the brass now. There is also a shower only valve they have that doesn't have a bottom tub port and the port for the shower is unrestricted. Just knock out the restrictor from the shower head and you'll have better pressure.

·
Banned
3 Posts
I like Delta because their installation is quick and easy, and I like that they offer a non-discriminatory pricing scale (meaning anyone can afford one). Moreover, since it's the leading manufacturer of shower valves, any authorized plumber can service your valve to keep your plumbing up to code.
Plus there are so many different styles to choose from! You'll never run out of options. If you need help choosing the perfect style for your home please let us know--we're happy to look through all our brochures with you at our store location.
And if you don't want to ever worry about replacing or repairing anything--that's ok too because these valves and showerheads come with lifetime warranties on everything! some of the best are listed Deleted

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
I guess I'm just too old and ignorant to know what you're talking about.
He means don't respond to them, just click the three dots in the top right of the post and report it as spam.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777
41 - 55 of 55 Posts