Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this on my desk. Thought I would toss it up here for discussion.

Attachments

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sorry *******. It was a fax I recieved a while back. I never shrunk it down after the scan. I dunno how to make it bigger.

I did a search in windows on my computer and found "magnifier". Works pretty well.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Sorry *******. It was a fax I recieved a while back. I never shrunk it down after the scan. I dunno how to make it bigger.

I did a search in windows on my computer and found "magnifier". Works pretty well.
OH yea, I could just download it and then just zoom :)

Sorry, I forgot that , its Saturday :)

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
If you have firefox you can hold down the control key while scrolling with your mouse wheel to blow it up bigger.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
I am really confused by this one. I honestly don't understand what is going on.

You have the cold water coming in, and the hot water recirc line return coming in, but then you have a hot water going out to the fixtures and a separate hot water line for the recirc "supply".

Maybe I am just making a big fool out of myself by posting this.

But unless what I just described is the cluster $%#& I think it is, then I guess I am just a confused dude on this.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
All water heaters need seismic strapping. Thats one thing wrong.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am really confused by this one. I honestly don't understand what is going on.

You have the cold water coming in, and the hot water recirc line return coming in, but then you have a hot water going out to the fixtures and a separate hot water line for the recirc "supply".

Maybe I am just making a big fool out of myself by posting this.

But unless what I just described is the cluster $%#& I think it is, then I guess I am just a confused dude on this.
Is the line you think is the "recirc supply" the natural gas. I have multiple problems with this drawing. I'll let you guys discuss for a while until I post up mine. I've gotta go prep for my dad's suprise 60th birthday party. Nothing like shooting garbage bags full of oxy/acetylene with flaming arrows:yes: Yup, we're ********.

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts
As I see it, these water heaters would work more efficiently if they were in series and not parallel piped.

But piped as they are,the 2" cold water supply needs a check valve.

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
Hmmm, The recirc line buggs me. THe way it is now heater #3 will be doing most of the reheating. It's not ballanced, the return should be closer to the 2" cold main to distribute the recirculated water. The main should be checked aswell.

2" cold water supply, 2 1/2" hot water distrobution piping..... But the gas looks good!!

·
Muck me?
700 Posts
Here the cold needs to be feed from a high above the water heaters. The inlet can be at the bottom but the supply must come down from a height higher than the water heater

·
Registered
56 Posts
Need a loop & vacuum break on bottom feeding. Thermostatic Valve. Feed the H/W return into the 2" feed with check valve.

The H/W takeoff out of the top-side of the heater? What's up with that?

J.C.

·
Banned
383 Posts
i agree w/ tankless. the re-circ should tie in before the first tee on the cold feed, w/ a check on the main. and i havent seen an a.o. smith that gets its fuel feed on the top of the heater.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Is the line you think is the "recirc supply" the natural gas. I have multiple problems with this drawing. I'll let you guys discuss for a while until I post up mine. I've gotta go prep for my dad's suprise 60th birthday party. Nothing like shooting garbage bags full of oxy/acetylene with flaming arrows:yes: Yup, we're ********.

Get some video of that....I bet that's interesting.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's the problems I have with it.

1. No check on the cold feed.

2. Bottom feed WH needs a vacuum relief valve.

3.We can't have valving between the thermal exo tanks and the heater. Each heater would be required to have it's own with no valves between it and the heater.

4. Return line only goes back to the cold feed of the WH. So, if it;s pushing to the WH what is the only thing that can be pumped out to the loop? 140 degree water. The return also need piped to the hot feed of the tempering valve bypassing the WH. That way you let the tempering valve decide when it needs to add a littlle hot.

^^^ That is a prolem I constantly follow behind other plumbers fixing. Tenants usually complain of scalding hot water at night.

5. Pump away from the expansion tank(s). Recirc pump is immediately above it.

6.Hot outlet pipe needs a heat trap.

That's all I see off the top of my head. Feel free to add your opinion.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We light the cutting torch to get the mixture just right. Snuff it out on a piece of steel leaving the valves open the same. Fill the trash bag and tie it off.

Put the trash bag on a stump.

Shooting bale behind it.

Shoot thru with a rag with lighter fluid on it. Don't get the rag too big.= heavy.

I go 40 yards. It is VERY loud. You feel the concussion in your chest when she goes.

Don't use your good arrows. They do disappear from time to time to be found with the bush-hog.:laughing:

I reiterate, It is LOUD. Louder than anything you ever heard. Some of the folks wear shooters muffs. I'd say it could break close windows.

You can make about anything disappear by filling it with oxy/acetylene.:yes:
It's magic I tell ya.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts