Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Incoming H2O is the fiberglass insulated line at top right of pic. Somebody should have the answer 2 minutes after I upload:yes:. I would love to meet the moron who did this:furious:. The hack endangers the health of the nation:censored: Let the code violation counting begin:rolleyes:

Edit: In case you can't tell. That is a 3/4" RPZ with a gauge in the #1 test cock. The piping then runs around the block finally terminating at the blue steam condensate tank.

Attachments

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
From what I can tell, nhmaster is right, there is no protection at all, the rp is worthless, since the insulated pipe is incoming water, that tee there makes it bypass the rp, maybe you are supposed to close that gate valve? hehehe :) :) :)

that wouldn't even help, the whole thing is butt backwards.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Winnar!!

The outlet of the RPZ does goes through the water meter then looping back around to the steam tank.

Why on earth somebody put a bypass valve on the RPZ I do not know.
Musta been a fast fill valve:laughing:

Gate valve to the RPZ was shut with the handle removed. Bypass was open:eek:. That pesky RPZ probably kept popping off.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I like how there is a handle on the bypass valve, but not on the one in front of the BFP. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
My eyes aren't the best but coming straight down from the incoming building supply, after the T, does the pipe end there? I can't tell from the piture, is it a drain cock?

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My eyes aren't the best but coming straight down from the incoming building supply, after the T, does the pipe end there? I can't tell from the piture, is it a drain cock?

Correct. It goes down into that chrome sill-cock.

I need to start carrying the good camera more. Cell phone doesn't do stuff justice.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If the other "deficiencies" were rectified, how the hell would access the R.P. valve for testing? In Wi. we have requirements for accessiblity.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the other "deficiencies" were rectified, how the hell would access the R.P. valve for testing? In Wi. we have requirements for accessiblity.

Uh huh! Another winner:thumbup:

In IL it has to be more than 1' above FF and less then 5'. Easyily accessible without use of a ladder or anything else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts