Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a customer that is plugging up BRAND NEW kohler cimarrons, with his poop! i don't think the champion flushes any better but how is the toto class 5? i don't think anyone around here carries them. they don't want to go with a pressure assisted toilet due to the noise.

paul

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Gerber Avalanche ,,,, I do believe it received the latest # 1 rating of all gravity flush toilets .

Have installed several ,,,,, THEY ARE GREAT !!

Cal

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
We always install the cadet3 never had a return call on them.

Reactions: FlashyD and MarkToo

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
The problem pooper will pretty much get any toilet even the best of the best... We've got these customers with medical conditions usually heavy duty pain meds and they are pushing out "beer can sized turds" that are tougher than an oak log...

Your best option is getting a good toilet and a little consumer education like slicing and dicing with a piece of coathanger wire before the flush...

That failing the Caroma Toilet has the biggest trapway of all...

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
We always install the cadet3 never had a return call on them.
I had a call where a plumber had just installed a Cadet 3 days before...
Customer was on heavy duty meds and plugged it up 1st use...
I'm siting there with a 1 week guarantee on toilet augers...

I'm gonna loose!

I have the slice and dice discussion with the customer and it worked!
No callback!

·
Registered
265 Posts
We've had great luck with the Toto Power Gravity and G-Max series toilets. Remember the old Kohler Rialtos and Pillow Talks? The worst flushing 1 Piece toilets in my opinion. They made me despise installing one piece toilets for fear of numerous callbacks. Then I found the Toto Ultimate (G-Max Series) I installed it for a client and held my breath. That was 6 years ago and it flushes better than a lot of two piece closet combinations.

To date we have 250+ Toto toilets in the field. Only one person clogged it....once......three years ago.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I had a call where a plumber had just installed a Cadet 3 days before...
Customer was on heavy duty meds and plugged it up 1st use...
I'm siting there with a 1 week guarantee on toilet augers...

I'm gonna loose!

I have the slice and dice discussion with the customer and it worked!
No callback!
:laughing: Did the discussion involve a coat hanger? :laughing:

in my drain cleaning days you could tell the owner they were on heart meds before they told you.

·
Registered
468 Posts
They don't tell you in apprentice school that you have to also be a diplomat to be a plumber! This is right up there with having to explain to the lady that called you about a urine smell in the bathroom that her elderly husband has aiming problems!

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
:laughing: Did the discussion involve a coat hanger? :laughing:

in my drain cleaning days you could tell the owner they were on heart meds before they told you.
It absolutely did involve the coat hanger!

Knowing what meds were involved was easy...
He's sitting there with an oxygen tube in his nose with the visiting nurse setting up one of those mega meds trays with 4 compartments for each day for 7 days...

Made him up a nice turd cutter out of a coat hanger and put a screw on the side of the vanity for him to hang it on...

About a year ago I had a callback on one of our other guys that I went to for a terminal cancer patient...
There was a shelf in the bathroom loaded with laxatives and enemas...
The guys wife was crazy about the plugged toilet...
She commented on how she was learning so many new things involved with caring for her husband...

She got a lesson in what to look for in buying a toilet auger and how to use one...

What's the point with doing jobs like this...
All were doing is kicking someone financially who is down and in return getting 2 or 3 callbacks on a job that was hardly worth doing the first time... Teach them a bit of self sufficency and move on... Hopefully, the lesson sticks and you get rewarded with no callback.

Bear in mind I'm not talking about a poor flushing toilet. I'm talking about people that are on heavy duty meds that will clog any toilet including the best of the best that are capable of flushing 900 - 1,000 hrams of solids per flush...

If I went to one of these calls and they had a Cadet or Wellworth they would be upgraded...

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
It there on meds they should have a power flush toilet and nothing less.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I had a customer long ago, he'd plug the toilet up over and over again, yes he was on meds, took out the gravity and installed a PF, lost source of income over that job, never heard from him since.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I never have.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Get a caroma. They make toto look affordable, but they are unplugable.
If they plug the coroma, then install a basin where the toilet was with a grinder pump. Put one of the "vacuum valve" toilets in that you see on yachts on top of the basin. :laughing:

·
Banned
383 Posts
maybe insinkerator needs to make a crapper. then the electricians can make money too, putting a gfci behind every toilet. id call it the "dung chummer 5".:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 109 Posts