Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are doing a new pizza parlour in town .... and I check out the job to see what we need and there is just going to be a 3 compartment sink with a grease interceptor and a hand sink...

The guy says to me I don't know why he need a grease interceptor...

I tell him for the grease from cooking....

He tells me they really cook nothing .... everthing comes in pails already cooked....

the bacon, hamburger, everything that goes on your pizza

no wonder everything is tasting like crap lately...:cry:

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Really thier not cooks but people who throw the predetermined and packaged ingredients together and heat it up. Huge difference. Still plenty to wash though.

·
Super Moderator
12,464 Posts
By code he needs the grease interceptor anyway. Let's say he moves out one day and a new restaurant moves in. The new restaurant cooks greasy foods; tacos, hamburgers, etc.

It'l like someone protesting against having fire sprinklers installed in a part of their building where they swear up and down that there won't be any combustible materials stored, like in a stairwell. That's irrelevant because future tenants may very well store something in the stairwell that is combustible, so the sprinklers need to be there.

·
Banned
8,892 Posts
We are doing a new pizza parlour in town .... and I check out the job to see what we need and there is just going to be a 3 compartment sink with a grease interceptor and a hand sink...

He tells me they really cook nothing .... everthing comes in pails already cooked....
He's still going to need one for the fat in the dairy products.

·
Banned
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the size of grease interceptor today its rated for 25 GPM for a 3 compartment sink . I guess I can have my guys there on wednesday to hook everything up

·
Banned
1,239 Posts
I service the Pizza Hut here, they definitely need a 1000 gal.
And they get all their ingredients precooked on a truck. All they do is bake the pizza (if you can call it that). Amazing the amount of grease they accumulate.

I have heard it before also- "we don't use any grease. We don't need a grease trap." I no longer argue and give them the AHJ's number and tell them to give em a call.

·
Banned
8,892 Posts
The city I live in takes grease traps seriously, that pizza place would be installing an inground 1,000 gallon trap.
We pretty much have to put them in all new restaurants these days.

A few cities even require grease traps for indirect drains collecting the discharge from espresso machines -- All of that milk fat was creating clogs at the spillways at our treatment plants.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
That flour they use on the crusts needs separation...it will stop up a drain system...Ive done some Little Ceazars and the one that got away with the undersink unit requires the most service.

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts

the bacon, hamburger, everything that goes on your pizza

no wonder everything is tasting like crap lately...:cry:
That's not Pizza... It is crap! :yes:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I service the Pizza Hut here, they definitely need a 1000 gal.
Put in two of them our town at the same time back in '89.Because they were only utensile washing they were able to get away without a grease trap.
I highly doubt they could do the same these days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts