Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Elmer's Wood Glue

Votes: 5 19.2%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I use the fast set glue, bright green cans of glue from Oatey.

It's a pain to use the slower setting glue...I simply just do not need that "time" to rethink a connection.

Temperatures play a heavy role in those slower setting glues as well.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Manufacturers Glue!

I always, always, always try and use the manufacturer of the pipe's glue. For example, with IPEX PVC which is the strong majority of the PVC & CPVC pipe I buy at the wholesaler, I like to use their Xirtec PVC Primer & Glue (medium or heavy bodied doesn't matter to me but I usually end up with heavy bodied). For non-pressure applications i.e. condensate drains I prefer to use the one step wet/dry.

Because the definition of "PVC" is fairly wide & varied in the codes/standards from what I have been told, it is a highly recommended practice to use the manufacturers glue, and if you don't believe me, contact the manufacturer of the PVC pipe & fittings you install and talk to them about it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
IPEX SYS. 15 and SCH. 40 glues

·
Senior Moment
1,904 Posts
Hmmmm so far over 20% of the plumbers here use Elmers, interesting.....:laughing:

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Glue? You're supposed to glue the stuff? Who knew?:laughing:

I seen duct tape
I seen mighty putty
I seen silicone
I seen mortar mix
I seen inner tube and hose clamps

·
Banned
239 Posts
ive been seeing more inspected jobs lately were the plumber used the rain or shine glue....ive always thought it wasnt for pvc dwv but what do i know

·
Lego Expert
4,570 Posts
ive been seeing more inspected jobs lately were the plumber used the rain or shine glue....ive always thought it wasnt for pvc dwv but what do i know

Irrigation guys are the only ones I see using blue glue. Did they purple prime the pipe first?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts