Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm going to start off as a sole proprietor, and I'm debating on wether I should change to LLC or maybe s-corp.

What are you and why? (I'm in OK, llc here is limited liability company)

·
Registered
567 Posts
I am an LLC...My structure gives me greater flexibility in a few areas. Asset protection, pass through taxation etc....

I think I'm going to start off as a sole proprietor, and I'm debating on wether I should change to LLC or maybe s-corp.

What are you and why? (I'm in OK, llc here is limited liability company)

·
40 Posts
A CPA and attorney would be the ones to ask this question. What does it matter what everyone here is? Every situation is unique. The most important thing is what structure bests fits your goals and offers the protections you need.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yup:thumbsup:

A CPA and attorney would be the ones to ask this question. What does it matter what everyone here is? Every situation is unique. The most important thing is what structure bests fits your goals and offers the protections you need.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I plan on asking a cpa that, just curious what you guys found to be the best for you. Since everyone is something different, maybe this thread will help someone else too.

What kind of pass through taxation does LLC offer? I thought it was basically taxed like a sp

·
Former Moderator
9,817 Posts
SC can have S-Corps and they are somehow related to LLC. From what I remember, the lawyer said one is a tax filing status and the other a legal entity.

We are an S-Corp. Provides the protection we need with the least amount of reporting (Corp. minutes etc.)

FYI - Corporate owners are not exempt from being sued. You are still responsible for your own negligence. Corporations offer protection from getting personally sued due to your employees actions.

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Hey the word is this guy is okay...

http://www.plumbingzone.com/f15/gtglobe-3017/#post36570

:whistling2:

So Rockstar, Il Plumber and Airgap's comments are deleted and this dumb crap remains...
Have a good night....
Sheesh...

This forum is nutz...
Must be the full moon...

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Dam it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts