Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Big cheese- Florida department of buisness and professional regulation. ,myfloridalicense.com,
Construction licensing board.

Sent from my iPhone using PlumbingZone

·
Registered
77 Posts
Big cheese a simple search of plumbing apprenticeship classes or schools in Florida will show that you are wrong. I took the plumbing apprenticeship school from 1996-2000 at south Florida state college, used to be south Florida community college. When Hurricane Andrew came, Florida raised there entire construction code including plumbing. You do not know what You are talking about, so do your self a favor and quit claiming to know about a plumbing license in Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using PlumbingZone

·
Super Moderator
12,475 Posts
Where I was at I worked under a licensed plumber. The test was more like a contractors license then a plumbers license the company was call pelican plumbing of brevard county. Look it up. I'm preparing for my masters exam now in Texas why would I even want a Florida license when your state honors the Texas license. When you show me another state that requires eight years of in the field and classroom training hours then we will talk. Florida only requires a letter of recommendation and if I'm wrong tell me the name of the site who controls the plumbing board. Ares is the Texas Board of Plumbing Examiners look it up if think I'm playing about the training requirements.

...:no:..

they required me to prove (48) months of plumbing experience served under licensed plumbing contractors.

Last I heard, new applicants for licensure have to list individual jobs they worked on in addition to all the other work experience verification.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Minimum amounts required for General Liability insurance for Plumbing contractors are $100,000 for bodily injury and $25,000 for property damage. All contractors are required to carry Worker’s Compensation Insurance.
All contractors must be at least 18 years of age and be of good moral character.
Beginning November 1, 2007, all applicants for initial licensure or changed of status will be required to have a criminal background check performed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and Federal Bureau of Investigation. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT YOUR FINGERPRINTS HAVE BEEN SCANNED BY THE DEPARTMENT’S VENDOR, PROMISSOR/PEARSON VUE, PRIOR TO SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION.

Applicants must document a net worth of $10,000 and submit a financial statement documented by a CPA.
Applicants must show they have good credit by submitting a credit report less than 3 months old.
Experience Required:

4 years of experience in the trade with at least 1 year having been supervisory work OR
A 4 year construction-related degree from an accredited college and 1 year proven experience applicable to the category for which you are applying OR
1 year as a foreman and not less than 3 years of credits from any accredited college level courses OR
1 year as a workman, 1 year proven experience as a foreman, and 2 years of credits from any accredited college level courses OR
2 years of experience as a workman, 1 year of experience as a foreman, and 1 year of credits from any accredited college level courses

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Minimum amounts required for General Liability insurance for Plumbing contractors are $100,000 for bodily injury and $25,000 for property damage. All contractors are required to carry Worker’s Compensation Insurance.
All contractors must be at least 18 years of age and be of good moral character.
Beginning November 1, 2007, all applicants for initial licensure or changed of status will be required to have a criminal background check performed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and Federal Bureau of Investigation. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT YOUR FINGERPRINTS HAVE BEEN SCANNED BY THE DEPARTMENT’S VENDOR, PROMISSOR/PEARSON VUE, PRIOR TO SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION.

Applicants must document a net worth of $10,000 and submit a financial statement documented by a CPA.
Applicants must show they have good credit by submitting a credit report less than 3 months old.
Experience Required:

4 years of experience in the trade with at least 1 year having been supervisory work OR
A 4 year construction-related degree from an accredited college and 1 year proven experience applicable to the category for which you are applying OR
1 year as a foreman and not less than 3 years of credits from any accredited college level courses OR
1 year as a workman, 1 year proven experience as a foreman, and 2 years of credits from any accredited college level courses OR
2 years of experience as a workman, 1 year of experience as a foreman, and 1 year of credits from any accredited college level courses
And unless your dad owns the shop... Good luck getting the one year foreman XP in the first four years. Apprentice -> journyman -> contractor

161 - 167 of 167 Posts