Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

41 - 60 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Florida has some of the highest standards in building code thanks to hurricane Andrew. The entire construction industry was raised to a higher standard after hurricane Andrew. Florida and California have the hardest master plumber exam in the US and Canada. Shark bytes rule!

Sent from my iPhone using PlumbingZone
Yeah, but in california, you dont need said license.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Florida has some of the highest standards in building code thanks to hurricane Andrew. The entire construction industry was raised to a higher standard after hurricane Andrew. Florida and California have the hardest master plumber exam in the US and Canada. Shark bytes rule!

Florida. ;)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The state of Disrepair produces the best journeymen but everyone knows a close second is the 49th state - Ontario. Sorry Alaska - you were lied to.

·
Tim`s Plumbing
360 Posts
I am sorry but I lived in Florida for four years from 2003 to 2007 the state of Florida doesn`t require the employees of a plumbing company to hold any type of licence weither it be an apprenticeship or journeymans. So I disagree completely plus I saw the work down therenot the best by any means.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Yeah, but in california, you don't need said license.
You do if your going to do any jobs over $500 or that require a permit.
The company must have a "RMO" that holds a C36 license.
RMO is a Responsible Managing Officer.
The RMO has his ass hanging out for all employees in the company.
If an employees screws the pouch, it the RMO's license on the line.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Let's see if you could even pass the state certified plumbing exam in Florida. If other states were to accept a plumber license from another state Florida plumbers could work anywhere can't say the same for your state. Apparently people who live in work in the north eastern united states ate perfect.

·
Super Moderator
12,475 Posts
I am sorry but I lived in Florida for four years from 2003 to 2007 the state of Florida doesn`t require the employees of a plumbing company to hold any type of licence weither it be an apprenticeship or journeymans. So I disagree completely plus I saw the work down therenot the best by any means.

I agree with the part of your statement that is in bold print. I also agree with the part in red.

However, the state of FL doesn't give away master plumbing licenses. The test is not a cake walk.

·
Super Moderator
12,475 Posts

That link is not accurate with regard to the state-wide master's exam. The FL exam has (2) parts.

The business and finance- 120 questions. Test is 6 1/2 hrs.

Trade Knowledge- 120 questions and 5 isometric drawings. Test is 9 1/2 hrs.

Total for both exams is 240 questions and 5 isos with time allowed being 16 hrs.

This is for the state-wide master's license. Each county has a master which might be the one you linked.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Florida hands down. Everything here is built to perfection, and fails if not perfect. Been turned down plenty of times over a matter of a 1/4". Hurricane Andrew. 130mph wind loads, yadda, yadda, yadda. 40% pass rate on first time test takers for masters.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
That link is not accurate with regard to the state-wide master's exam. The FL exam has (2) parts.

The business and finance- 120 questions. Test is 6 1/2 hrs.

Trade Knowledge- 120 questions and 5 isometric drawings. Test is 9 1/2 hrs.

Total for both exams is 240 questions and 5 isos with time allowed being 16 hrs.

This is for the state-wide master's license. Each county has a master which might be the one you linked.
There's a different exam for each county?

·
Super Moderator
12,475 Posts
There's a different exam for each county?

Yes. You could get a 'county master with gas' license valid only in that county, or get the state-wide 'certified plumbing contractor license.' If you have the state license, that trumps any local county license. The state license is good in all 67 FL counties.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I appreciate the Florida native pride...but no, the best plumbers on the whole by far arent here....not only that , people here dont know what a true crafstman is.....they are just glad that someone finally fixed it, or showed up....needless to say there have to be some good ones here somewhere....

41 - 60 of 167 Posts