Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use one of these pull saws, or as its known to carpenters, a back saw. I found that it cuts pvc real quick because it cuts both on the push and pull stroke, it cuts straight even though the blade is flexible. Its also small enough to fit into my bag.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I use the one by lennox.

Reactions: PLUMB TIME

·
Registered
200 Posts
i use the same saw that bill uses and i love it. cuts fast, not too many burrs, and the local hardware store carries replacement blades which are 1/2 the cost of new saw :thumbsup:

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Cordless sawzall or bandsaw. Whichever one is closer on the site. Some guys can't cut square with power tools though. Then I let em use their hand saw.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use a cordless sawzall most of the time, partner saw on 6" and larger pipe. I use the lenox pvc handsaw when I am outside doing groundworks if it is raining out to prevent any damage to the power tools.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I want to buy the new Makita PVC chainsaw but can not find anyone to give me a review................Makita UC170DWD,,,,,,,,,,HELP
What is your plumbing related field your into, give us an intro, in the intro forum

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Ridgid cutter up to 1"

Cordless sawzall

Lennox 18" handsaw when supervisor is around who doesn't realize I can cut pretty damn straight with my sawzall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just never knew anyone that had that PVC chain saw (cordless) from Makita. I cut sch. 40 PVC...4 inch is all. I am one of those few people that can not use a sawzall..........The damn thing cuts crooked everytime. I was just hoping someone had used the Makita to get feedback. The nextag reviews have no comments but 8 people rated it a 2 out of 5...that is scarey! Charlie

1 - 20 of 21 Posts