Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do to set yourself apart from the others?

I'll start:

We are a father/son union shop that generally does jobs that the huge guys don't want to screw with and the small guys can't get bonded for. Everything we own is paid for to keep overhead very low. Also, we sell quality. It will be perfect when we are complete, gaurenteed. Our quality of work sets us apart from the average guy. It's not always about speed.

What is your niche?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
We do a lot of Bath remodels I am a licensed plumber and builder. We have

"your one stop remodel shop" on our trucks. It works well as people get frustrated dealing with a builder, plumber etc...

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Just what Svc Guy said. But I have a camera.
Plan on getting in locating and Jetting to add.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Good PR means a lot.
I am in the process of installing new lines for a bathroom. GC said pex and PVC
Owner said copper and CI.
After talking to the HO and assuring her that no matter what the GC wants it is HER house, she should get what she wants. Now I am assured future work!

·
Registered
5 Posts
100% satisfaction, especially if they have a big mouth. Fast service, clean and competitive price . My niche is emergency service, normally weekly 15-25 water service replacements, 2-4 sewer replacements, 2-3 house repipes with drywall and paint, 40-80 emergency service calls (30% drains and jettings) of all types, 15-20 remodel type fixture swap outs calls, maybe 1 basement bath addition (probably 1 ever 3 weeks). We don't pump septics or do deep water wells pumps, but will occasionally figure out the problem, arrange the service and have one my plumbers watch over the operation. I thought about buying a pump truck, but seems like a pain in the ass to maintain...........Work picked up yesterday and now have 5 of my plumbers booked up for almost 2 weeks. My forced retirement may not come as soon as I thought.

Mike

·
Registered
90 Posts
My Niche

It used to be TI's but that got slow where I am from so now I am doing small residential jobs trying to stay busy. I have a new company so its kinda scary getting this slow. Hell I bid a horse barn last week with 22 automatic horse drinkers trying to stay busy.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Residential service repair & replacement

What sets us apart from the competition? - Practically everything. My husband and I suffer from perfectionism and our customers are they beneficiaries of our obscenely high standards!

When it was just the two of us and DH would get overwhelmed with calls wondering how he was going to do it all, I would step in and help. He would have a water heater replacement and then get a call for a running toilet for a property manager that had to be done ASAP. While the WH was draining he would go do the toilet and I would run to the supply house pick up the water heater and take it to the site. He would give me keys to run back to PM. Somedays we were running so crazy, but the HO's never saw us sweat! It all got done and we were heros.

I love the adenaline rush!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts