Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your Mission Statement?

Here's ours:
Tri-City Plumbing LLC is committed to continuous growth and profitability. We focus on providing superior customer service and craftsmanship. Our expectation is our customers will be Raving Fans of our company, beyond and more than merely satisfied customers. We conduct business in accordance with the highest ethical standards. Tri-City Plumbing insists on the highest level of integrity at all times. As such, we expect our office staff and plumbers to conduct themselves in the utmost professional manner in all circumstances.

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,389 Posts
I agree with you on that

Yah I really like that when a company states profitability in its statement...
you might want to ex-out that profitability statement
that will certainly turn off a lot of people....

My mission statement....

If I cant fix it right, I will screw it up so bad
you will need a new one......and that is a promise I will keep :laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, but are you flat rate or time & material?:laughing: Blast away.:whistling2:
:laughing: Flat Rate, since you asked, for all the reasons explained in ALL the other forum threads :thumbsup: (P.S. Don't know why this little guy is Blue)

I beginning to believe most don't have a mission statement, a set of core values for your crews to live and breath by, that no matter what, this is what you are going to do everyday in the short term and every year in the long term.
I think I may add if you screw it up, I'll fix it, like the other guy. That's awesome.
C'est la vie

·
Son of a Plumber
105 Posts
No offense, Cajunhiker, but honestly? I've been "mission statemented" to DEATH. The time when a few words were used to indicate a companies operating philosophy are long gone and have been replaced, in most instances anyway, by paragraphs of sanctimonious drivel written with a "can you top this" attitude. (I am NOT saying this about what you included above-just my observation of mission statements in general). I've been involved in 'committees' that write this stuff and the hours of productivity that were lost coming up with catchy phrases and "inspiring" words were laughable-AND significant.

Personally, I will avoid them at all costs and if I go to my grave never having written one out for my company-so be it.

Sorry for the rant...:laughing:

On the other hand...

One thing that has helped me immensely in this area, and is the BEST mission statement I've ever read, comes to us from the mouth of Emil Faber, the founder of Faber College:

KNOWLEDGE IS GOOD

And so...in his honor, I now unveil my mission statement:

Good Plumbing is GOOD!

:laughing:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No offense, Cajunhiker, but honestly? I've been "mission statemented" to DEATH. ...

Personally, I will avoid them at all costs and if I go to my grave never having written one out for my company-so be it.

Sorry for the rant...:laughing:

On the other hand...

One thing that has helped me immensely in this area, and is the BEST mission statement I've ever read, comes to us from the mouth of Emil Faber, the founder of Faber College:

KNOWLEDGE IS GOOD

And so...in his honor, I now unveil my mission statement:

Good Plumbing is GOOD!

I can dig it (pun intended) Mongrel. Who wants to sit around an office thinking of things that have no meaning to you anyway. For me, I gotta have something that says this is what we are all about, particularly, when introducing myself to a new general contractor or even a banker for a line of credit, even if its Master Marks' golden rule mission statement.
C'est la vie

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
So, wait....your'e gonna introduce yourself to a banker, and spout out your "mission statement" in the next breath?

Reactions: OldSchool

·
Banned
9,333 Posts
This is my mission statement to the banks

1. Just give me the money I am doing you the favour

2. Dont over charge me on service fees and I wont switch banks

·
Son of a Plumber
105 Posts
I can dig it (pun intended) Mongrel. Who wants to sit around an office thinking of things that have no meaning to you anyway. For me, I gotta have something that says this is what we are all about, particularly, when introducing myself to a new general contractor or even a banker for a line of credit, even if its Master Marks' golden rule mission statement.
C'est la vie
I know there's an insult in there for me somewhere but I'm too busy scratching to care...

:whistling2:

har har har :laughing:

"Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Old School-go back to start do not collect $200...

Your homework for this weekend-get ye to the rental store and rent Animal House. Then return to this thread and give a full report on the German Attack on Pearl Harbor!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts