Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
I deduct office space, not much though. For other deductions I don't have more receipts, that's it. This year is going to be worse, I don't need new tools unless something breaks.
you need to get creative...your business needed that new big screen tv for the office, office supplies and equipment, printer, computer, laptop, cell phone and monthly fee, along with your gfs car expenses , insurance..all business expenses...

·
Super Moderator
8,872 Posts
you need to get creative...your business needed that new big screen tv for the office, office supplies and equipment, printer, computer, laptop, cell phone and monthly fee, along with your gfs car expenses , insurance..all business expenses...
Yep all that was put in except the GF which doesn't belong in the picture.

·
Super Moderator
8,872 Posts
hell thats probably one of your biggest expenses..lmao....
Most other women are expensive but not her, we tally the groceries every week. However she doesn't pay gas for the vette but she sure likes the ride!
Last summer she's said a couple of times it's just a car... Ok no problem let's take your slow poke honda fit... Well that changed her mind quick when we arrived in places in a fraction of the time! :whistle:

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
I’d rather install PVC and copper only. But I wouldn’t have any work because people won’t pay the extra.
Whats the price difference on doing a whole house in pvc vs abs? I do 99% service so the price difference is negligible. Might even be more expensive with abs if I have to deal with prebent pipe and use more hangers because of how flimsy it is.

When I am fixing potable it's almost always already metal or it's pex in a really tight spot where you can't get crimpers(even the pp with pex jaws) on every joint so sometimes I will do it in copper with pex adapters.

How my day started. That service truck can’t come soon enough. Nothing like this to start the day. First job take everything out, get parts, re load. That really gets to me.
It's not the van, it's you! Lolz. I have a van and I have everything and it's all pretty easy to get to. There are a few things that are deep in there but they're things I need maybe once a year.

I will say that when I throw in 400# of salt, two toilets, and a dehumidifier it gets to be a pain.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Whats the price difference on doing a whole house in pvc vs abs? I do 99% service so the price difference is negligible. Might even be more expensive with abs if I have to deal with prebent pipe and use more hangers because of how flimsy it is.

When I am fixing potable it's almost always already metal or it's pex in a really tight spot where you can't get crimpers(even the pp with pex jaws) on every joint so sometimes I will do it in copper with pex adapters.

It's not the van, it's you! Lolz. I have a van and I have everything and it's all pretty easy to get to. There are a few things that are deep in there but they're things I need maybe once a year.

I will say that when I throw in 400# of salt, two toilets, and a dehumidifier it gets to be a pain.
A length of pvc schedule 40 is 10-20% more per fitting or pipe. Up here only place it’s used is heavy commercial and industrial.

·
Super Moderator
8,872 Posts
Whats the price difference on doing a whole house in pvc vs abs? I do 99% service so the price difference is negligible.
Fittings are double to triple the price and many fittings they don't even have in stock and have to run around to 2-3 suppliers. And like he said it's only used in commercial or 3 stories and up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well last week I went out to check a job. The customer wanted an old & leaking drinking fountain removed from the wall and just capped. So when I went out yesterday to remove it and cap the lines and as I finished up in about a half hour. But as I was leaving the manager said you're already done? I said "yes". Then she said in front of her employees "That little of work for the cost that you're charging me?" I said I gave you a flat price with disposal, parts and labor in one price. She then said "Can you cut me a deal?" I just smiled bite my tounge and said "the invoice will be in the mail"

·
Super Moderator
8,872 Posts
Well last week I went out to check a job. The customer wanted an old & leaking drinking fountain removed from the wall and just capped. So when I went out yesterday to remove it and cap the lines and as I finished up in about a half hour. But as I was leaving the manager said you're already done? I said "yes". Then she said in front of her employees "That little of work for the cost that you're charging me?" I said I gave you a flat price with disposal, parts and labor in one price. She then said "Can you cut me a deal?" I just smiled bite my tounge and said "the invoice will be in the mail"
I had a price whining woman last week, she kept nagging as I was about to leave I said if I charged 20$ I'd be like the churches and go bankrupt. Churches are almost non existent here anymore, they all closed.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I would have said yea,the more you whine,the higher the price will go

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
That cold, dry air as I ride my crotch rocket........

http://canitbesaturdaynow.com/images/fpics/3175/aug_17_19__large.jpg

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,659 Posts
Today, probably sometime this Saturday afternoon around 4.30-5.00 pm someone will call me
and ask if I can still come out now and help them out of a jam.... Well, of course
I will ask them when they noticed that they did not have hot water and they usually say
that they noticed it at about 8.30 am this morning.....
Then I will politely ask them why they did not call me this morning around 9.00 ??? Of course
they reply that they had to go to the mall to get their nails done or they had a golf outing
with their buddies..... and how soon can you be out?? .....

I tell them we can be there first thing monday morning.....

·
4th year apprentice
601 Posts
When it's 2:30 on Friday, you finished your last call, get all excited planning on getting a jump on the weekend, and the dispatcher decides to put you on the call that just came in instead of telling them to wait until Monday. It's an hour the other direction from home, and a toilet issue in a house with 3 bathrooms. Yeah, I love that.
Then you get there and the cutomer says they were surprised that you could get there so quickly, they were expecting not to get an appoitment until next week!

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
When it's 2:30 on Friday, you finished your last call, get all excited planning on getting a jump on the weekend, and the dispatcher decides to put you on the call that just came in instead of telling them to wait until Monday. It's an hour the other direction from home, and a toilet issue in a house with 3 bathrooms. Yeah, I love that.
Then you get there and the cutomer says they were surprised that you could get there so quickly, they were expecting not to get an appoitment until next week!
They send you on calls alone as an apprentice? Just alone for drain calls? I'm surprised you're on OT call at all yet. Our guys don't go on the OT call list until they get licensed.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777
121 - 140 of 147 Posts